twenty-seven

I tried rewriting this chapter but it just wasn't working out, so it might be a bit messy/mistakes!

It would've taken me too long anyway so I'm just publishing it.

Also thank you DEARLY for 19k, I literally can't fathom this.

Annie

The warmth of the morning sun gleamed into my eyesight as I forced them open. My head throbbed in agony while I rubbed my eyes with the base of my palms, pushing myself up from the surprisingly comfortable bed.

My movements were scarce and limited when I felt a pull keeping down.

I shot my eyes down to my waist in shock, feeling a strong pair of arms wrapped around me, tightening their grip the more I shifted between the covers.

Turning my head behind me, I see the familiar dark locks of hair. His face was nuzzled into my neck as he took deep breaths that heightened his sleep.

Everything seemed like a daze for a few moments before I became aware of my surroundings.

"Roman!", I whisper shouted, pushing him lightly.

He didn't budge.

I dropped my hands down to my waist, wrapping them around his arms and tugging them off of me. He groaned because of the lost of contact and I slid my way out from under the covers.

This is not okay.

"Roman, wake up!" I shouted, watching him jolt up from the sudden sound.

His eyes were pinched shut as he brought his hand up to rub them. "What?" He complained, his voice thick with sleep.

"What do you mean, what?" I stomped.

He crashed his head back down onto the pillows, covering his hands with his face and rolling onto his side so that his back was facing me. He throws the covers over his head, completely ignoring my statement.

Is he serious...

"Um hello? What are you—" I began to say.

My eyes fell down to my dress I had in last night folded on the floor beside the bed, then to the clothes I had on now.

It was a large navy blue t-shirt and basket ball shorts that could barely stay on my waist.

I was confused.

My short pause of silence must've caught his attention because he shifts around."You remember anything?" He questioned, sitting up from the bed and still rubbing his eyes.

"I shouldn't be here."

"Well you are." He replied.

"And I'm leaving." I mumbled, bunching up the waistband of the shorts so they don't fall and walking towards the door.

"Okay wait—wait!" He stepped out of the bed and strides over to the room door before I do. "I'll leave, you just stay in here and sort your head out, alright?"