~7~

Last night was extremely eventful, Norman had spent his time sat with his daughter since she was up with chest pains and stomach cramps all night, the drugs were finally hitting her full on and it wasn't pretty. One minute she was asleep and the next she was awake with cold sweats and chest pains just crying, he felt so bad for her but then again all he could think about was the body they had hidden a few days ago and the fact that he's gonna have to rely on her to hide the fact that she was kidnapped too.  She woke up the next morning feeling like absolute crap, "so I have to go to school like this?" She twined as she sat down for breakfast. Norman nodded, "yes, you're fine. It's mostly out of your system, just remember what we talked about if someone asks you just say..." he started but she cut him off.

                     She sighed, "I got ill from the party, yes I know..." she shook her head.  Norman nodded, "good, let's go then" he edged her out of the door.  He was plain stupid for making her go into school today, she still has mascara smushed under her eyes and she looks dead, let alone her pale skin which makes her look anaemic. She sat in silence the whole car journey to school, "bye" she hopped out and walked towards the school entrance, feeling the days mood already.  She strolled into the classroom and saw her friends already sitting down, she also noticed mr Miller sat on the back bench too, aka jay.  She nodded to them all then sat down, already feeling sick again, "I was this close to walking to your house to find you" Emily held her fingers out.

Hazel laughed a little, "sorry, I just didn't really have much energy" she shrugged.  Jay was listening in, "no literally, I had to talk her out of it. At first we thought you'd just slept in but then it got scary" Jamie laughed a little.  Hazel looked down, "yeah, I just got a little sick that's all" she shrugged then looked back up.  She was just glad no one had noticed how constricted her pupils were, that was sure to give it all away. The teacher strolled in and began teaching immediately, ugh schools so boring.

At around 11:45am Emily got bored, "yo" she turned to face hazel. Hazel was still really not well and she was in a world of her own, so she was just sat with her hands on the desk and staring into space in front of her. Emily tilted her head, "helloooo?" She waved at her from the side. Still nothing, Emily sighed sadly then looked around but everyone was talking apart from mr Miller at the back, "pssttt, sir..." she waved jay over. Jay walked over and crouched down next to the kid, "I think there's something wrong with haz" she whispered. Jay looked at hazel sat right next to him and frowned, "hey, you alright?" He moved over to her desk instead.

                 Still nothing at all, he moved forward so he could see her face, it was pale and bland unlike usual, it's usually full of colour and joy, but not this time.  What gained his attention most was the size of her pupils, they were tiny, she looked drugged like he's seen from people many times.  He ducked his head forward and clicked his fingers in front of her face, "hazel" he spoke softly.  She moved her head away from the noise and looked down at jay who was crouched on the floor next to her, "oh, I'm uh, sorry" she smiled weakly.  Jay nodded, "you alright?" He kept his face worried.  Hazel nodded as Emily stared at her, "yeah I'm fine, just a bit tired" she shrugged.  Jay smiled weakly, "you sure?" He stood up and tapped her desk.  She nodded then smiled weakly at Emily as the pair were brought back to the lesson.  Jay walked back to the backbench and frowned, is she on drugs?

At around 1:35pm the pain in hazels chest was becoming unbearable, "alright come and collect a glue stick guys!" The teacher called out. Everyone bounced up and walked towards the front of the class. She was the last one to take action and stand up, jay was hanging around behind hazel at the back because he knew she wasn't okay, he could tell by the way she was being so slow and out of it. Hazel stood up and immediately regretted it, the chest pains, the coldness, the nausea, it was all just too much. She swayed for a while before collapsing to the floor with a thud.  Jay instantly rushed to the teenagers body and slid to the floor as everyone turned around in confusion, "woah, hey, haz? can you hear me?" He moved the hair out of her face so he could see what was going on.

The teacher came wandering over, "alright guys, give them some space and go back to your seats. Now please..." she waved the kids away from them. They all obeyed but had a little idea at what was going on, josh, Jamie and Emily were worried sick, they knew she still wasn't okay. Jay checked her pulse, it was slow and weak, "call an ambulance, just in case" he nodded.  He looked around and saw the empty space at the back of the class, "I'm gonna move her back" he nodded then scooted backwards with her.  The class just watched in concern as their unconscious friend was moved away from them.  He made sure she was out of the public eye and just checked over her, "c'mon kiddo, you're okay" he lightly tapped her face.

                     Not long after the ambulance was called, the principal walked into the class with his radio, "everything okay Ryan? The ambulance is on its way. What happened?" He crouched down next to jay.  Jay shrugged, "she just collapsed, I have no idea" he sighed sadly.  The principal nodded but both of them were startled by hazel who harshly woke up and clutched chest in pain, "hey hey hey, it's okay. You're okay, tell me what hurts haz" he grabbed her arm.  Hazel clenched her eyes shut, "chest" she groaned and squirmed in pain.  Jay checked her temperature again, she's freezing and her pulse is slow, "nice deep breaths okay? Helps coming soon haz, it's okay" he held her head back since she was straining it, whatever she's going through looks really painful and jay could tell from his fair share of experiences with people in the streets, this was some form of drug reaction.  Meanwhile the class were scared for her...

The class was made to go into another classroom so the medics could work on hazel, "alright let me see" Brett nodded. Both Brett and Mackey had been pre-warned that jay was working a UC and that they weren't allowed to call him by his real name, they just had to act like they didn't know him, "looks like she's had a drug overdose and she's still responding to the opioids, we gotta get her to med" Brett concluded. The head teachers eyes widened, "drugs? Gosh..." he shook his head. Jay got up and followed the pair out, he wasn't allowed to go to med since he would end up having to give up his cover but the headteacher was allowed with her, so he went in the back of the ambo.