~21~

Hazel woke up in a panic, "hey hey hey, you're okay..." jay caught her before she could fall off the bed.  She caught her breath back almost immediately, "can we go home now?" She sniffled. Hailey nodded, "yeah we're good to go haz" she smiled.  The 15 year old nodded with a small smile and swung her legs over the side of the bed, trying her best not to stare at the grazes and bruises down her legs. Jay was now standing by the door with her clean clothes in his hands, "here you go kiddo, I'll pull the truck up front" he handed them over before ruffing hazels hair up and leaving the hospital room. Hazel smiled thankfully at him before hailey stood up to help her change.

                  Once the trio had settled in nicely back at home, the detectives could tell that the recent events had taken its toll on hazel; she looked exhausted, both mentally and physically. Her skin was next to white, grey even, her eyes looked empty, the bags under her eyes were prominent and she seemed small compared to the world around her. The way her eyes rested was saddening, a small crease lay between her eyebrows where she drew them into a wiggly line, signalling that her mind was in a far away land.

                  "You need anything haz?" Hailey stood up from her place on the couch.  Hazel shook her head, "no thanks" she spoke barely over a murmur.  Jay smiled sadly but shook his head, letting his girlfriend know that he too was fine, the blonde smiled back sadly before wandering into the kitchen.  Jay reached into his pocket and smiled weakly when he felt the object he was looking for, and without saying anything he pulled it out so it sat neatly in his closed palm.  He looked over to hazel who was sat a few inches away from him and poked her good arm very gently.  She slowly turned her head to look at him, but when he said nothing she furrowed her brows. 

                He opened his palm without saying so much as a peep to reveal the object, her eyes instantly softening at the sight.  She let a minuscule smile inch it's way across her lips as she took the bracelet from his hand, "thank you" she whispered, since that's all that would leave her lips.  He smiled and took it back before helping her out it back onto her wrist, it had fallen off when she was carried into med, this bracelet means so much to her for some reason.  He would've hated seeing her breakdown over losing it. She looked up with glassy eyes and nodded thankfully as she let out a shaky breath, trying her hardest not to cry.

               She turned her head to look at the wall ahead of her as she felt an aching pain in her throat form, "it's alright" jay placed his hand on the back of her head, gently playing with her hair.  Being strong for so long gets tiring, and it's safe to say that hazel was beyond tired, she's breaking down...

She let out a small sob and covered her face with her hands, "I know kiddo, c'mere..." he nudged her shoulder towards himself, she accepted her fate and gently fell into his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around her as she buried her face into his neck, not caring about how hard she cried. Hailey emerged from the kitchen with worry plastered across her face, and a butter covered knife in her hands. Jay smiled sadly at her but shook his head, letting his partner know that this was hazels breaking point. The blonde smiled sadly before placing the buttered knife down, not caring where she put it, and sat down next to hazel so she could also join in the hug. This kid deserves a release...

                 Within half an hour, this kid had cried her whole body's supply of tears onto jays shirt, turning it from an ash grey to dusty black, but he didn't care one bit, hazel needed the relief and as long as she received it, he's at peace.  She was now sound asleep with her head rested on jays lap, and her legs rested across haileys.  Hailey looked up as she traced shapes on the teenagers calf, "you need anything?" She smiled softly at jay.  He nodded, "a drink, please" he smiled thankfully.  The blonde nodded and yawned before slowly standing up and placing hazels legs down onto the cushions below.  Jay smiled softly and continued fiddling with the brown hair all over the place, this kid won his heart the second he met her.

By 8:25pm, hazel was crashed out. She hadn't moved from the couch all day, and she's been asleep since 5pm, but neither of the detectives had the heart to move her since she looked to comfortable. So instead, hailey took camp on the arm chair whilst jay prepared dinner, hazel wasn't going to wake up any time soon. But she needs the sleep, she needs a break.