~8~

Brett rolled the gurney into med in a hurry, "OD victim..." she read out stats as the headteacher followed behind.  Will nodded and took over before shining a flashlight in the teenagers eyes, "alright honey, can you tell me what you've taken?" He smiled and transferred her onto the bed.  Hazel shook her head and squirmed around in pain, "nothing..." she practically cried, Will looked over to April, "pass me the sedative" he mouthed, clearly she's in a lot of pain and the easiest way for them to make her feel better again was for them to sedate her. It only took a few seconds before she was out cold, the doctors wasted no time in running tests and treating her since it looked fairly serious, the headteacher had also had a conversation with Norman and he was on the way to the hospital.

                     Half an hour later Norman arrived at med, hazel was now awake but she was groggy, "dad..." she reached for his hand, she may hate him at times but everyone needs someone... He nodded and grabbed it, "I'm here, I'm right here. What did you tell them honey?" He was so curious and nervous about her being groggy.  Hazel closed her eyes, "nothing, I said I didn't take anything" she whispered.  Norman nodded thankfully, "good haz, that's good. Let me do the talking alright? I'm gonna tell them that you went to a party the other night and you were probably spiked. That's what you have to tell them too okay?" He squeezed her hand.  Hazel nodded, "yeah..." she yawned, the tiredness was winning her over. He left to go talk to dr Charles and Will, already knowing what they were thinking.

He nodded sadly, but it was all an act, "I just had a chat with her, she said she didn't take anything and she was with me all of yesterday. She wasn't very well then either" he sighed. Dr Charles nodded suspiciously, "well we found traces of laced fentanyl in her blood stream and from the reaction she had, it must've been a high dosage. Have you any idea where she'd have gotten her hands on that?" He smiled weakly. Norman folded his arms, "she was at a party before she fell ill, if that means anything" he sighed. Will nodded, "it's more than likely she could've been spiked, but there's nothing we can do now that it's over, parties aren't exactly that private anymore, no one would've suspected a thing" he huffed as the trio looked back over to the sleeping teenager, now that she was getting better she was feeling emotions again.

                      Later that day it had been decided on, she had most likely been spiked since that was the most obvious reason for all of this, if only they knew the truth... Dr Charles nearly tripped her up at one point since he wasn't convinced that the dad was completely innocent but she's a smart kid, she knows all the tricks in the book.  She was let out at roughly 5:45pm and her dad drove her home, "you've been really loyal these past few days haz, thank you" Norman smiled as his daughter looked as she stared out of the window.  Hazel nodded, "anytime..." she spoke with no emotion, she was so tired of doing the same thing everyday, she's living a double life and no one knows.