~12~

Back at the district hazel was lead upstairs and into the break room, "we're gonna go sort a few things out and then we'll be back to have a chat okay?" Jay nodded. Hazel looked up, "yeah... can I see him?" She smiled sadly.  Jay looked at hailey, "we'll see" she nodded sadly.  Hazel smiled back and nodded as the pair left, "their relationship is so confusing" jay shook his head as they walked downstairs.  Hailey nodded, "she's been manipulated her whole life, probably doesn't see what he's doing wrong half the time" she shrugged sadly.  Jay nodded, but the reality is, Norman is all the kid has and once he's gone, she has no one in her eyes.

Hazel looked up as jay walked back in, "you can see him for a few minutes, c'mon" he smiled and held his hand arm out. She smiled and nodded before he lead her downstairs and into the garage where her dad was sat in the cage.  Jay stood in the doorway with his arms folded as hazel slowly make her way towards the cage, "dad..." she grabbed his attention.  Norman looked up and just stared at his daughter, "how many times a day do I hear that?" He laughed a little.  Looking at his daughter from behind bars made him realise how bad of a father he has been.  Hazel nodded, "too many" she looked down. 

                     There was a seconds silence before Norman said something, "where did my baby go?" He looked at her with tears in her eyes. Hazel looked down and wrapped the police jacket around her that hailey had put on her at the club, "I don't know" she finally looked at him. Jay was stood in the doorway trying his best not to let his emotions show, this was too sad. He nodded until she said something again, "this isn't normal, dad..." she held up her wrist as it displayed the bracelet he had given her after a fight they had ages ago. Norman looked down, his child is so mature for her age and now here she is, all alone. He nodded, "it's all I had to offer, I'm sorry kid" he smiled sadly. Hazel looked up to the ceiling with tears in her eyes.

"I'll miss you, not sure why..." she placed her hands in the cage, letting a confused laugh surpass her lips. Jay let his shaky breath out as Norman reached up and placed his hand on hers through the bars, "be good, yeah?" He looked her in the eyes. Hazel nodded, "always am..." she then looked over at jay. Jay smiled and nodded, "let's go" he held the door open for her. Hazel walked away from the cage as a tear rolled down her cheek, Norman watched as his daughter left for the last time. Silence, as they walked back upstairs and into the break room. Hailey was already inside waiting for the pair since they still needed to chat.

                    Hazel sat down next to jay on the couch, both at opposite ends, as hailey sat backwards on a chair so she was facing them.  The blonde detective smiled sadly, "you feeling okay?" She just wanted to check.  Hazel nodded, "alright, so we know it's gonna be difficult from here on out but we've contacted your mom and she's on her way" jay nodded.  Hazel looked up, ugh for god sake, anyone but her mom, "is that okay?" Hailey added.  Hazel nodded and let them carry on, "we also wanna get you to med, just so you can have a chat with someone about what's happened" hailey added again.  Hazel looked up in confusion, "I'm sure I'll be fine, nothing's really happened to me other than this and the drugs..." she shook her head.

                   Jay looked over at hailey in confusion, drugs? They didn't tell her about any drugs, "what drugs honey?" Hailey enquired.  Hazel looked up, uh oh, did she just give herself up?  She shook her head, "oh I-uh, I just meant the other day when I went to med..." she smiled weakly, hoping they would just drop it. Jay frowned a little, "I thought you were dismissed as being spiked haz?" He tilted his head. Hazel nodded slowly, she's digging herself a deep hole here, "I was..." she spoke hesitantly. Hailey nodded, "but you said you didn't know what happened at med?" She tried to clear the air.  Hazel looked at them both, "I know, I mean I don't really..." she stumbled around on her words.  Jay looked over at hailey in worry, "hazel what really happened? Were you spiked or did something happen?" He moved over to her slightly. 

                      Hazel froze, damn it, she's just made this whole thing worse for the entire family, "you can tell us kiddo, it's a safe place here" hailey smiled.  Hazel let her eyes water a little, "hazel, did something happen to you?" Jay looked down at her face.  Hazel knew she was screwed so she just stared at the cupboard in front of her and nodded, "alright okay, okay. Can you tell us what happened?" Jay turned around so he was fully facing the kid.  Hazel kept her eye line staring at the cupboard, "Someone grabbed me..." she shuddered.  Jay looked at hailey with wide eyes, "grabbed you? Like an abduction?" Hailey leant forward on her knees.  Hazel nodded then placed her elbows on her knees and leant forward so her hand was covering her mouth while her tears spilled freely.  Jay placed a hand at the top of her back, "it's okay, you're okay. Take your time haz, just take your time" he let her cry it out.

Jay looked at hailey in concern, another thing? This kid is literally living in hell, "I was walking home, from a party, then a van stopped next to the sidewalk and someone grabbed me. He put me in the back of the van and then it all went black..." she looked up at the pair with tear stained cheeks.  Jay nodded, "where did they take you haz?" He rubbed her back to calm her down.  Hazel sniffled, "I don't know, some basement I think. But no one came to see me at all, not until this guy took me into another room and told me I was going home because my dad paid some debt off" she spoke in a calmer manner.  Hailey nodded, "but they didn't hurt you after that?" She smiled sadly.  Hazel shook her head, "no, they didn't..." she answered truthfully.

Jay nodded, "do you have any idea who they are?" He smiled sadly as she looked up at him. Hazel shook her head, "not really, all I know is that they deal with my dad and his friends quite a lot. When I got home my dad seemed to know him" she took a shallow breath and wiped the fresh tears away. Hailey nodded, "when you got home, what happened then? Did your dad take you to the hospital?" She smiled weakly. Hazel shook her head, "no I just went to bed then went to school the next day" she sat up straighter. Jay nodded, "alright haz, you're being so brave right now. We're just gonna go and tell the team what's going on and then we'll take you to med okay? You moms gonna meet us there" he smiled sadly. Hazel nodded but her mind was in other places to even process his words.

                    The team widened their eyes at the story the partners just told them, "Well the states attorneys just took over our case files so it's out of our hands. I'll let statesville know now and they'll take it from our hands, you guys are taking her to med aren't you?" Hank rubbed his face with his hands.  Jay nodded, "yeah we're gonna take her to see dr Charles" he smiled weakly.  Hank nodded, "yeah sure, fire away" he waved them off. The pair lead hazel into jays truck and drove her to med, the ride was silent, they just let her think about whatever was going on in her mind.