Chapter 9

Jennie was still thinking about what happened yesterday at the restaurant as she's still not sure if she did the right decision and if it will be worth it

Jennie was still thinking about what happened yesterday at the restaurant as she's still not sure if she did the right decision and if it will be worth it. Jennie plan is to resign as a director and focus on her clothing line and the hospital instead, the two of it was one of the most important for her since it took her interest.

"Jennie, is there something bothering you? You're playing with your food. You're not kid anymore." Her mother said and that's when she realized the she was just stabbing the egg with the fork she's been holding. "I'm sorry, I'm kinda out of my mind lately."

"It's okay, you know you can talk to us." Her mother said which warmed Jennie's heart and had the thought of it. Her mother might understand and let her so it won't hurt to trying it. "Mom, can I tell you something?" Jennie said which her mom replied with a nodd and told her to go on.

"Can I resign as a director?" Jennie said which made her mom widen her eyes and look at her in shock. "Why? Is there anything wrong? Does the new CEO tires you?--"

"Mom, I can't manage both at the same
time. The hospital needed me than that media company needed me. I can keep my shares but I can't keep my place as a director." Jennie explained to her which luckily she understands since Jennie has been having a hard time on doing things at the same time.

"There's somethings missing Jennie, spill it." Her mother stated which made Jennie gulped since she can't lie to her mother. "I'm owning a clothing line, that's why I want to let go of being a director. I really can't do all of it at the same time."

"Oh.. it's ok I'm sorry for putting you on all of it, I didn't know." Her mother replied and hugged her at her side tapping her hands on her shoulder. "Was it really ok for you Mom?"

"It is just don't forget to bring me on one of you're stores and treat me." She said which made Jennie chuckle and agreed to her. "Now, you should go because you have a resignation letter to pass and go to the company." Her mother added on which Jennie had obeyed and prepared herself.

Jennie has been planning on putting someone she knew at her place so she can secure that her mother's shares won't go to nothing. Jennie wasn't sure on what Taehyung would think about it but she has to give it a try and just like what he said, it's time for her to decide for her own sake and it won't help if she has three jobs at the same time.

Jennie had made her way to the company and headed to her office where Lisa is already waiting for her as she told her to arrange the resignation letter so it will be prepared by the time she arrived.

"Was it done now?" Jennie asked as she entered her office and took the file from Lisa. "It is already done but I think you have to face the CEO, I heard that he's at the top floor at he's office."

"You'll still work for me right?" Jennie asked as she didn't want to let Lisa go since she has been a friend to her. "It will depend on you Ms. Jennie Kim." She replied which satisfied Jennie and nodded at her.