Chapter 8

Jeff's POV:

My heartbeat won't slow. The words he said never leaving my mind, making me red all over again. What the fuc-

You know what? I think I'm going to sit here for a bit. You know, play with my sweatpants while I wait for me to get tired. I start tying and untying my pants, keeping myself entertained, before my brain immediately goes towards my liquor.

I shake my head, and keep my eyes and my hands focused on the strings. Now, is not the time to be getting drunk. I would rather not make a fool out of myself.

Plus, with everything going on, that would just be messy, and a mistake. I don't want the alcohol, but do I need it? Perhaps. But that doesn't necessarily mean it will help me, it might make me feel worse, you never know.

I start wrapping my finger with a string, trying over and over again to make it even. I look over at my dresser. The urge stronger than it usually is.

If I grab it, I'm going to have to go outside. But that also means I need to grab a sweater. It would be worth it. But that means I would be out past curfew again, and Slender might not take kindly to that. I could go to Lui's grave. But would it be worth the punishment?

I stop and think for a minute before finally unwrapping my finger and standing up. Walking over to my dresser, I open the drawer, taking out a bottle of bourbon.

I place it down and go to grab a baggy black sweater that hangs down my shoulder. I groan, the pain from my chest popping up as I try to put my sweater on. Slowly throwing it on, I put my arms back down and go back towards my dresser, putting the bottle in my hoodie pocket.

Perhaps, I should jump out the window this time? It's going to hurt like a mother fucker, but perhaps it's worth it? It would save me from getting a lecture about being outside past curfew, but it could cause me to bleed again.

I shrug my shoulders and walk over to the window, opening the window and taking off the screen. I set it down on my bed, walking back to the window only to cringe at the spider web in the top right corner. I throw my legs over the edge and sit there.

Oh my god this is the most stupid idea I've ever had. Nevermind, I've had more stupid. Maybe the front door would've been better. And safer. But this means no lecture!

Putting my hands down on the ledge of the window, I lift myself off of it and out of the building entirely.

Please don't land funny-

I finally hit the ground with a decent crouch, only slight pain running up through my legs.

I stand back up, almost losing my balance completely. Putting my hand against the wall, I take a deep breath through my nose, the forest smell absolutely intoxicating.

I start towards the trees, taking cover in the dark, moving away from the windows. Taking a detour, but still on my way to the graveyard. I randomly reach up and smack tree branches above me, a slight, painful tingle running through my chest.

'You know what? Maybe I shouldn't do that.'

Shit's going to be hurting later. Well to be fair, everything is going to be hurting later.

Welp, sucks to suck.

I take a left turn, taking the bottle out of my pocket, and drinking some of the bourbon, holding the bottle, I finally see the yard coming in view, ignoring the faint smell of burnt trees.