Chapter 5

Jeff's POV:

Smile has been running around for hours now, never really seeming to be tired, just freaking out every time I stepped on a stick. One of these days. It's gonna bite me, and then that's going to be a scar I can't explain.

Hey what's that scar from?

I- a dog with human teeth, that's what kind of scar it is-

I don't really think there is any normal way to say that. It just seems impossible.

"Smile!" He turns around, wagging his tail as he runs up to me. I crouch down, petting him. "You gotta go back now bud, we've been out here for an hour and I'm scared you're gonna bite my fuckin ankles off." He gives me a bigger smile as he walks to the side of me and runs back towards the mansion.

I sigh and stand back up, taking my knife, and twirling it around my fingers, I look around the forest. Fog crowding me, the nearest tree slightly covered, others, harder to see.

Looking up on one of the trees, I see a picture. A messily drawn picture. Right, this is Slenderman's forest. His note game.

I smirk.

Okay Slenderman. Let's play your stupid game. I reach up, and quickly grab the picture, running off to find another one. Looking over to see a trail, there's one on a light post.

Jogging down the rocky trail, there's one in the foggy distance, making it hard to see. The crackling of sticks making me jump and dart for a tree, stopping in my tracks as I hide from the thing making all the noise. The sound of static loud as I wince, trying to make no noise, whatsoever.

"Jeffery, I know you're here. Trying to play my game." His deep voice rings in my head, my name coming out in a sing song like tone, making my knees weak as I try to focus.

The static slowly leaves as I stand there, listening to his footsteps slowly recede, the static coming to a stop

Looking above me, there's another picture, grabbing it I run to the left me, quickly to the other one, 4 done.

The static, pops up again, I stay at the tree, closing my eyes. Pretty sure you aren't allowed to look at him when you play his game.

"Jeffery, what the fuck are you doing? This isn't a game for you to play." He starts growling slightly, making me shiver.

"You practically call me useless Slender, I'm proving I'm not." I take off running down the trail, avoiding eye contact. The next one is on a bench, I reach over and grab it, fatigue taking over slowly, as I try to push myself through it. Deep breaths through the nose and out the mouth.

I see the 6th one further down the trail, into the forest sitting on a tree. Grabbing it, I shove it into my pocket with the rest of them. The static, louder than when he talks to us through our heads, I double over in pain as I try to cover my ears. My head ripping into a splitting headache as I try my best to move forward, closing my eyes, I just need the seventh picture, maybe the eighth. I sprint down the trail, for maybe 2 minutes before I see one on a tree further in.

I sprint for it, taking my knife and stabbing it, before turning around, the tip pointed at whatever is standing in front of me. Eyes closed, with my heart pounding in my chest. Back against the tree as I feel a hand grab my sweater lifting it up as if to hold me there.