Chapter 12

Jeff's POV:

I quickly wipe the tears falling down my face and move to leave the kitchen. Not really going anywhere specific, but not exactly heading to my bedroom the second I got. Do I have a right, let alone a reason to be upset? Do I have a right, to be so angry? I shouldn't have pried, I shouldn't have.

In reality, that whole thing was my fault. Wasn't it? It's just, why is it that he can seemingly always get to know something about me, and I can barely get a fucking word out of him?

I quickly pull myself out of my daze and turn to look at the door I stopped at. Slender's office. I grimace, my face twisting into a look of unease and wonder as to why I walked over here. Quickly shuffling backwards into the hallway, I turn to leave. But not before the door that was previously shut, opens.

Groaning in frustration, I move away. Slender giving me a look of curiosity, probably as to why I was standing outside his door after our little argument.

I back away before opening my mouth to speak, "Before you say anything, I was just leaving, and if you're wondering as to why I'm standing outside your door, it was purely an accident." Seeming satisfied with my answer, he leaves, not speaking as always.

Groaning once more, I continue to walk around. I haven't exactly explored this place, not because I was unable to, but purely because there was never anything really to look for, let alone at. I open one of the doors farther down the hallway, the very large room covered in books and shelves. A library? Right, I forgot he likes to read. There's a few tables littering the ground after each row of tall shelves, that probably carry more than a hundred books. Let's go with thousands.

There's ones in different languages the farther you go down, some of them looking heavily used, while others look as though they've never been touched since the day they were put in here. There's rarely a book that has bright colours, all of them with their binds in shades of browns, greys, blacks, and the occasional white. Others in dark red while the letters were mostly in gold, or white.

"I see you've found my library." I jump at the voice behind me, turning around quickly seeing the once  angry man, calm and collected as he walks towards me, grabbing a book off of one of the highest shelves. A book I would've had to climb to get if I wanted to read in the first place.

"I guess." I turn to look out the window, uncomfortable in his presence. Instead of feeling butterflies and a sense of calm, I was filled with a feeling of being unsure, and skittish. I notice that the heavy grey clouds that poured over me and Helen, turned rather dark as the windows look as though they are being splashed with a hose.

I watch as a sudden light flashes through the room, along with the sound of loud thunder following after it, giving the dim and slightly dark room some light for a split second. Turning back to Slender, I finally take in his appearance. Not really wanting to stare at him at all.

He seems to be wearing more comfortable clothes. Not the, sweat pants and tank top that I'm wearing. But rather, his white dress shirt that lacked a tie and coat. And his usual black pants. His shirt wasn't tucked in as it should have been, but rather hanging out and looking disheveled as though he just went to a party.

I wrinkle my nose as the sound of thunder continues to sound throughout the mansion, disturbing my thoughts and observation, I silently wonder how Sal is doing and if she's sleeping at all.

Looking up, I stare at the blank face, there being nothing there except fo the small look of being uncomfortable, I could tell he was easily as disturbed as I was.

The back of my tank top is suddenly grabbed as I'm lifted off the ground, a sigh leaving my lips as I cross my arms, lack of emotion on my face as he sets me down on one of the rather, tall chairs. He sits down beside me as I keep my eyes on the table, feeling rather uncomfortable with nothing to do, without the want to do anything to begin with.