Chapter 4

Jeff's POV:

I wake up slowly, my body tired from the overflowing events that occurred last night after I got back. I sit up to see Sally sitting near the corner of the bed, playing with her bear.

"Hey Sal, what time is it?" She looks up at me a smile on her face.

"Well, you slept for a really long time. You slept through lunch and I just sat here the whole time. As you can probably tell by my plate being over there." I slept? I actually slept? Why do I still feel exhausted?

I yawn getting up. "That's the first time I've slept properly in weeks. Thanks for being here Sally. I appreciate it."

"You're welcome. But now you have to play games with me." Of course there was a catch. I laugh as I grab her plate prepared to take it downstairs.

"Alright, but what kind of game?" I look down at her, her eyes bright and somewhat happy.

"Hide and clap."

"I- You know I'm too good at that game Sally." I rely on my hearing now. I've been seeing things a lot so I stopped relying on my sight. So maybe shutting my eyes and playing wouldn't be too bad. I sigh.

"Okay, fine. But let's stay upstairs. I don't want to get stabbed by Jane right now." She giggles as I make my way out of my room. Her plate in my hand as she follows me to the kitchen.

I'm halfway down the stairs when I see Ben and Slender talking to eachother over on the couch, whatever being on the TV playing softly. I remove my eyes from Slenders path, and I turn to the left, the kitchen doors swinging open with Eyeless Jack, holding a can of kidney beans. Toby running after him yelling, "E.J., THOSE ARENT ACTUAL KIDNEYS, PUT THEM DOWN!" I snicker as I sneak in through the almost closed door. Hearing it close I hear a tiny voice from the other side.

"Hey!" Sally squeaks from behind me.

I laugh as she walks in after opening the once closed door. "Not sorry." She grumbles at my response, and I continue to laugh.

I hear a creak from behind me, making me stop all at once. I turn around to be met with Jane. My back being slammed into the wall. Before I can say anything, the tip of one of the kitchen knives sits at the skin of my throat. My head tilted upwards as I try to avoid the sharp tip of the blade. The plate dropping from my hand. The glass shattering everywhere.

Sally, squeaks, my hand going over her mouth to keep her quiet.

"Sally, do not make a sound. Or I swear to god I will kill him." I see her nod her head as I slowly remove my hand from her mouth, my movement making her dig the blade into my skin making me grunt.

"S-Sally, leave the f-fucking kitchen. Now." I manage to grunt out, her frantically nodding as she runs out of the kitchen. Her small bear following after her.

"S-stop, Jane." I feel the small trickle of blood run down my neck. A tall figure pops up in my peripheral vision.

You're only hallucinating Jeff. No one's there. I close my eyes as I feel the knife dig slightly deeper into my skin, more blood pooling out.

My body is suddenly jerked to the side, the knife no longer anywhere near my throat. I open my eyes, my sore neck straightening out as I out my head down.