Responsibility

I walked through the school with Neo tightly in my arms. She still hasn't woken up and I was getting a few stares. I didn't really care as I was confident I could protect her from anyone that tried anything, "Seriously..." Coco sighed, "Wasn't there a place you could have put her in?" She asked.

"Not really." I replied.

"So what happened? How did Velvet and Weiss get those injuries. What lead to you three working with her." She pointed at Neo.

"Long story." Velvet sighed.

"How much danger were you in?" She asked. Though Velvet seemed distracted, "Vel."

"Huh? Oh F/N kept me safe." Velvet said.

"Well I'm glad to hear that, but what was bad that you needed him to protect you. You're a huntress." She asked.

"I... Don't wanna talk about it..." Velvet mumbled though she seemed to be focused on the right side of the hall.

"Anyone can get snuck up on. They just need to get comfortable enough." I said.

"Vel you alright?" Coco asked her a concerning glance aimed at her.

"Yeah... Glad I'm back. Really." She smiled.

"Glad you are okay." Coco replied, "Alright into the elevator." She motioned at doors that began to open. I entered as they followed behind me. After the elevator began to rise Neo finally began to wake up.

"Hey. You alright?" I asked as she began to scan her surroundings, "Can you stand?" She shrugged as I began to set her down. When her legs touched the ground they nearly gave out and I quickly held her up. Velvet actually made a move though stopped after I was able to keep her from falling, "Easy. If you can't I don't mind carrying you."

"We are almost there... Listen I owe you for helping Velvet and Weiss I can hide her in my room if you'd like." Coco spoke.

"No offense but I need to keep her close, I have no idea what her state of mind will be like." I replied as I heard Aida speak to me.

"I sense something in her thoughts. She might be a danger to herself."

"Can you be more specific?"

"If I could I would tell you. I might be able to figure it out but you need to keep an eye on her. Now word of advice be respectful. It's easier to get something out of the headmaster if you don't act like a dick."

"Noted." I replied as the elevator opened. Velvet and Coco exited first as I helped Neo walk as she seemed to not have recovered completely. I saw there were three people in this room. The one behind the desk gazed at Velvet.

"Miss Scarlatina. I'm glad you are safe, though Miss Schnee..." A male spoke.

"She's fine. She's watching over a young girl we met." Velvet spoke, "She's in the school as we speak."

"Good... Now. Who is our guest?" He asked.

"He's the man I told you about sir. The one who had that device and told me to run with it." Coco spoke.

"So he knows what it is?" The blonde woman asked.

"I do. It's a device that enhances specific individuals at the cost of innocent lives." I replied.

"What else can you tell us about it?" The white haired man asked.

"Not much. Don't know how it works or anything like that. I just know what it does and who made it." I said.

"You know who made that thing?" The black haired man spoke.

"Sorta. We didn't have a very friendly conversation." I replied as I noticed they all stared at Neo though she seemed distracted at something to notice, "Let's discuss the big issue in the room..." I said as I pulled her behind me.