Hero Course

"Hey." Mira said waving at me as I appeared before everyone.

"Sup... So... The DUP seem to control this place like really well." I said.

"Yeah." Weiss said as Velvet glanced about wearing her brown hooded jacket.

"Does it bother you to wear that?" I asked.

"... A bit... But I can handle it." She said.

"Let's find a place to crash while we are here..." I said looking at Saria who was asleep again. She was in the vehicle with Neo laying her head on her lap.

"Yeah you need some sleep." Mila said.

"Yeah..." I mumbled.

I drove around the city trying to avoid any potential checkpoints, "Hey you wanna switch?" Weiss asked.

"I'm fine." I sighed.

"We won't get anywhere like this." Mila said.

"Mira..." I called as I parked the vehicle, "Find any place to live?"

"Yeah, but..." She began.

"Alright..." I yawned, "Velvet can..." I began looking back, but noticed Saria sleeping on her lap, "Nevermind... Mila can you take the wheel?"

"Yeah, but where are we going?" She asked.

"Mira send me the address." I spoke exiting the vehicle.

"Sure..." She replied, "What are you planning?"

"A distraction." I said.

"You sure this is best?" Velvet asked as she grabbed Saria's Plushie which fell from Saria's embrace.

"Got any other ideas?" I replied stretching my neck and cracking my knuckles.

"Don't kill." Weiss said.

"I'll try. Now I'm going to attack the checkpoint in your way. Just drive through it." I said and used my flame whips to get ontop of a roof.

I approached the checkpoint, but to my surprise it was already destroyed and the DUP were restrained by some smoke, "What the..." My phone began to ring.

"Did your dream make you faster?" Mira asked.

"I didn't do that..." I said.

"You didn't?" She asked.

"Mira last I checked my powers are fire not smoke." I replied.

"So it's one of the three Conduits?" She asked.

"Possibly. I'll have to look into it." I said. I heard the phone getting handled roughly.

"No you are getting some sleep and that's final! Don't make me come up there!" Weiss shouted into the phone.

"Weiss I'll be fine... Ow shit!" I shouted as I felt my leg getting kicked. I turned to see Neo standing next to me.

"You're going to sleep."

"How did you... Nevermind I forget you three are agile as hell." I mumbled.

"Listen to Neo. You drove for hours." Mira said, "We'll look into this conduit."

"Fine fine... I'll get some sleep." I said hanging up, "Did you have to kick me?" Neo just eyed me intensely, "I'm going I'm going. You girls need to relax."

I didn't get to rest for another four hours. Getting a place to stay was difficult, but we managed to get a place. Four room home and I fell to the floor my exhaustion reaching it's limit.