Chapter 5 Another Night and Again No Sleeping for Me

Tonight is another night of me not sleeping but to tell the truth i never had been sleeping. i can not remember the last time that had a good night's sleep. i sat alone in the living room locked in my thoughts. Chavez and Sam were very worried about me but i didn't want to bother them or anyone else with my problems. i looked out the window knowing that if i went to sleep the nightmares would start. and most of all the nightmare of my stepfather's beating. i was so lost in my thoughts that i didn't hear Chavez and Sam come into the living room. until Chavez snapped me out of my thoughts when he asked hey Chivato what is wrong? don't you tell me that there is nothing wrong because i can tell that there is something bothering you now tell me what is wrong. i don't answer him i just turned away. i was ashamed of being caught off guard by my stepfather. Chavez said Chivato you don't have to be ashamed because it wasn't  your fault. Sam asked Billy are you still having nightmares i answered in a low voice yes  i am still having nightmare but they are worse than nightmares they are night terrors. if i don't sleep they won't come. Chavez said Chivato you can't go on like this it isn't healthy you need to sleep and rest. but i know full well that i can't sleep. when they had went back to bed. i stayed up in the living room and read a book. i knew full well what would happen if i slept. but i must have fallen asleep on the couch because when i had opened my eyes that i don't remember closing because the book that i was reading was laying on the table by the couch and there was a blanket on me. bur the strange thing is that i don't even remember falling asleep. but i must have did. but i still don't sleep at all.

i will write more later on