Chapter 12 The Family outing that went Wrong

my adopted family and i had went into town for a day of shopping and to have some fun. but little did i know that i would be running from someone again. we had went to Mr. John Tunstall's store to do some Christmas shopping my adopted father Lawrence had always shopped at Mr. Tunstall's store because they are very close friends. i waited outside while my adopted parents bought Christmas gifts for me. i saw a group of men come out of a store across the street their boss a man named L.G. Murphy had came behind them. Murphy is the richest and the meanest man in the town of Lincoln County. i had saw his men once before and i had been chased by them before. i knew that they saw me Murphy's men started to come towards me. i didn't a choice so i took off running my adopted father had came out of Mr. Tunstall's store at the same time and saw me running and Murphy's men chasing me. i knew that if they caught me that i would hanged for sure. but my running had came to a stop when i had tripped and fell. one of Murphy's had grabbed me before i could move. i put up a fight trying to get away from him but he was too strong. my adopted father Lawrence had came running to where we were at. he had his shot gun with him and he pointed it at the man that had me and said " you leave my son alone he has done nothing wrong you let my son go now or i will blow a hole clear through you." well you can bet that this did not make L.G Murphy happy one bit. i knew that just like my adopted father's friend John Tunstall we will have trouble with Murphy. and i also know that when we do start having trouble with Murphy my adopted father will be waiting. the next day i was talking to my friend Charley who worked for Mr. Tunstall i told Charley about what had happened in town yesterday. Charley took a deep breath and said " Murphy makes me so mad that i really wish that i had a giant man eating spider i would turn him loose on Murphy and rid New Mexico of Murphy." sometimes i know when Charley is joking but that day he wasn't joking. but i had been rewarded two ways for saving Lawrence's life one was getting adopted and two was when Lawrence had saved my life.

i will write a new chapter to this story later