Chapter 8 The Talbot Halloween Party

my new family was getting ready for their grand Halloween party. and this party was to honor me for saving Lawrence Talbot's life but i haven't done anything in my short life worth honoring. but Lawrence's sister Lily Potter asked" me how did i know with my life is worth have i looked at my life through heaven's eyes?" i told how that i really didn't know how much my life is worth. she said " you saved my brother Lawrence's life and that is worth honoring and your young life is worth more than you will ever know." i tried stay in the shadows because i was still healing from the beating that my stepfather had gave me. and i felt ashamed to be seen like that most of i felt like it was my fault for my stepfather doing this to me. my adopted father came into my room and talked to me. he told me that my stepfather was a monster and it wasn't my fault for him beating me. some people can be mean and Mr. Antrim was one of those people but i was safe now. and i didn't have to worry about my stepfather anymore. come and join the party and enjoy myself and be honored for the hero that i was. but i was still scared for people to see me like this. but in time my wounds and bruises broken bones will heal. and the love of a family is forever. i still have the love of my mother Catherine McCarty and love the love of my adopted mother and father and sister. Lillian and Lawrence Talbot and Sam Fox Talbot. and i even have the brotherly love of my friends and fellow regulators too. with and rest and love and care and most important the love of God i will make a full and great recovery.