Chapter 12

"Came here to inform you to come to the council after lunch. Even though we don't need to participate in club activities,we have our work to do. The remaining council also wants to meet you." Amirah nodded in understanding and turned to see Ivy looking at her in shock.

"Ivy, close your mouth." Amirah's chuckles brought her out of her thoughts and hurriedly held Amirah's hand. "Amy,you are in council? But how? When? Which position? Why did you not tell me?" Amirah was slightly surprised at all the questions coming quickly from Ivy while Aiden laughed out loud.

He then pulled his sister away from Amirah. "Ivy, we're used to your antics but please don't scare our new member." Hearing her brother's words, Ivy blushed lightly in embarrassment and apologized. "It's nothing,no need to apologize. As for your questions, Ms.Hazel recommended me to the council."

Then she turned to the boys. "I will see you two after lunch. Ivy, let's go." Amirah pulled her hand and left the boys there. When they reached cafeteria, it's almost full. They quickly ordered their food and went to find a table. Since Ivy chose gardening and archery clubs, which are quite far away from the others,she quickly left after eating while Amirah went to the council.

First she went to her locker and put her bag in there. After making sure her council badge was in place,she followed the route which she took yesterday. Reaching the council room,she knocked twice on the door and entered. The room was quite different from yesterday, filled with people.

Seeing her, Luke stood up and motioned her to her seat. Nodding once, Amelia took her place. "Now,let me introduce our new student body secretary Amirah Cole. She's recommended by Ms.Hazel because of her grades and performance in her school before."

While he's speaking Amirah mentally rolled her eyes. 'What grades and performance? This is her first time coming to a school,ok?' After speaking Luke sat back and motioned the others to introduce themselves. "Jace Barter, vice president,4th year."
"You already know me but let me introduce myself. Aiden Leo,2nd year. If you also gave me your mobile number then we can..." His words are cut short by a sharp smack on his head.

"The hell? what's your problem Alexa?" But the said girl didn't pay any attention to him and introduced herself. "Alexa Black,3rd year, parliamentarian. If you want to play chess,you can come to me."
"Dylan Asher, 4th year, Historian."
"Aaron Cain,2nd year,reporter".
"Isla Corbin,4th year, chair person."

"Finn Cornett, 3rd year, disciplinary committee president. We are separate from the student council."
"Emily Dennis and Jackson Dennis, 4th years and vice presidents of disciplinary committee. As you see we're twins."
"Carson Frost,2nd year, disciplinary prefect."
"Cooper Foxwell,3rd year, disciplinary prefect."

'Woah, that's a lot of names to remember at once.' Amirah smiled at them and sighed in relief. Alexa who's beside her saw her action and asked. "Is everything alright?" Amirah shook her head and replied while pointing a finger to Aiden. "Nothing. Just glad that I don't have to deal with weird people aside from him."

The whole room turned silent for a second before everyone burst into laughter aside from Aiden. Isla gave her a thumbs up while laughing. While Aiden is waving his hands frantically trying to stop them from laughing. He put his hand on his heart and a few tears formed in his eyes. "Oh my sweet little junior sister,you hurt this senior brother of yours. What did I ever do to you?"

"You're really weird" with that comment,she turned to Luke to ask what she had to do now. Everyone also went to what they're doing before and ignored Aiden completely. "Just get used to this place for today. You will be busy from tomorrow. Just stay for an hour and you can leave if you want to after that."

Hearing that she's free, Alexa pulled her for a game of Chess. "Alexa, I never played it before." Alexa just smiled and said she'll teach her. It took just minutes for her to get used to the game. It's their third game when Amirah saw that it's already 3. Remembering she's to talk to the management,she got up and went to Luke to say she's leaving.

Alexa was so busy planning her next move that she didn't notice Amirah leaving. "Amirah,you next..." She turned to see Amirah was about to leave. "Hey, Amirah,you can't leave in the middle of the game like that." Her words attracted everyone's attention.

Amirah turned back with a smile and answered. "It's not in the middle, Alexa. Move my bishop two checks forward. Checkmate. I will see you tomorrow. And thanks for teaching me how to play." As Amirah closed the door, the room was once again silent.