Chapter 13

The silence was broken by the twins. They turned to Alexa and asked at the same time "did she just...?" No one replied as Alexa was busy staring at the Chess board and a small smile broke out from her face. "Finally, I have found someone who can play on another level."

Hearing those words, Isla,Jace and Dylan looked offended. "Hey,we always play with you right?" Alexa turned to the trio with a serious look and said "If you want to argue with me,do it after you win in a game with me." This made them silent while others are still pondering over Amirah's win.

"Seems we got someone intelligent this time then." Luke announced looking at Aiden making them all laugh again. While they return to their work, Amirah is walking to the place where she parked her cycle after informing Ms.Hazel that she's going to home.

Her luck, there are not many people in the management building by the time she reached there. Amirah saw the lady who gave her the tour around her villa and went to her. "Ms. Nala" Hearing someone call her name, the lady turned to see the new resident of villa 4.

"Ms. Cole, it's nice to see you again. Do you have anything to talk to us?" She professionally asked making Amirah nod. "Amirah is fine, Ms. Nala. I'm looking for gardeners and housekeepers for the villa. Does the management here offer those services? If not, can you please find someone to do the work?"

The lady smiled in understanding and took out two files and passed them to Amirah. "Yes we do provide that service here. Please take a look at those files. They contain information about those who work here." Amirah studied the files and selected a middle aged couple who are in mid thirties whose names are Lillian and Drake.

Lillian for cooking and laundry and take care of the house in her absence. While Drake is an expert in taking care of plants. They will work from 7 in the morning to 8 in the evening (mainly Lillian as Drake's work ends at 5 in the evening). She also told the management office to send someone to clean the whole villa once every week.

Then Nala contacted the couple to tell them about them being hired. And it's settled that they will start working from next monday and Amirah left the office after discussing about their wages. When she reached home, Reagan came jumping into her arms.

With a quick shower, changing into comfortable clothes, she went to the kitchen and made herself a coffee. Walking back to the living room, Amirah sat on the couch with Reagan on her lap and is checking about books on different herbs. She doesn't know whether the herbs in this plane are similar or different from hers.

When she checked the book store nearby for books on them,she didn't find any. Finally she found a website selling books about them and ordered 8 books which are all parts of one large book. Tossing her phone aside, she laid on the coach stroking the little guy both of them enjoying the silence.

After sometime, Amirah stood up stretching herself and went back to the kitchen with Reagan sitting on her shoulder. "What are you doing?" Seeing her busying herself, Reagan jumped to the counter infront of her and asked.

"Baking some cookies." She answered not looking back at Reagan. "For me?" Amirah shot him a side glance and continued her work. "New friends." Reagan stayed silent the whole time looking dejected. Amirah shook her head at his antics and placed a bowl of the freshly baked cookies before him.

Gone was the dejected little guy, replaced by a hyper active fluff ball. "I knew you would make some for me too." He then took two of them at the same time and put them in his mouth at the same time. Cheeks bulging, eating like the squirrel he is now.

"You are a lion for God's sake. Where is your grace and dignity?" Reagan looked at her and swallowed the food in his mouth before answering. "You are the one who suggested to transform into a squirrel. So I'm behaving just like one." Amirah's lips twitched lightly at his words and left him in the kitchen going back to her room.