(5)

I thought about his words all night. I couldn't sleep. But then he was untrustworthy. No excuse me he is untrustful.

May be I should tell my father then.

Stepping down my bed, I made my way to the bathroom. Brushing, bathing and dressing. The routine

Leaving my room, I went looking for father but then I noticed him seating in the living room, thoughtful.

" Dad" he turned to me

" ..."

" Are you fine?"

" Does your returning home late has something to do with your aunt?"

" Yes... But in fact you don't know-"

He almost burst in tears hearing just that then what about the truth? How will he react?

" Dad don't think of it anymore let it go.."

" I didn't know your aunt hated me so much. She still thinks I'm responsible for her not being able to get married"

Wait! What??

" What does it have to do with you??"

" ..."

" Father?"

" At least she wasn't trying to kill you.."

"Wait what? Aunt is a killer and you... Dad, why will you protect a killer?"

" Who's the killer?"

The so 'non charming and unwelcome aunt interrupted us'

" Vivian..."

" What? She told you? Then what? You will destroy my life because of some children's nonsense? Like you did before?"

"I..."

" Of course you never liked me and still think I'm responsible for your wife's death? Then are you responsible for my husband's death too?"

So that was the whole thing. Father always felt sorry for aunt. But she bite him and spit it to his face but my father is being tolerant as always.

I stood up angry

" So you killed my mother and wanted to end my life too? "

" Excuse me? You shouldn't talk to me like that I am still your-"

" Shut up! I will never recognise you as my aunt anymore. "

" Ella, my dear don't say that.."

She was almost shocked by my father's words.

" You heard your father? You should still respect me as your elder."

" An elder? Ha what elder will take her time to quarrel with a child?"

" You-"

" From today on keep a distance from us and we shall do the same with you." Standing right in front of her I whispered " though he knows you're responsible for what happened yesterday, he still doesn't know you're a real witch. You better keep away from us."

Now I was facing her. She was like a cameleon changing colors from shocked, to surprised to fearful then angry. Its my first time seeing all those facial expressions at the same time.

Now I was done with her, I still have to take care of my father and myself..

___________'*'________________'*'____________

Three years

Three years passed and I got no news about marriage.

And I'm soon to be 21 years old just a few more months.

I was so happy but still, these few years went on smoothly. It almost like...

Sigh

I shouldn't bother to think about it now.

" Father? What's on?"

When I went downstairs, everyone even dad was agitated.

" Father?"

" No! Clean the yard. What are you doing!? Just decorating is such a hard chore to you? Then why am I paying you?"

Dad speaking in such a tone wasn't a good sign. Things may be worst than I thought. May be I shouldn't interrupt.

I was about to run away when he suddenly called out.

" Ella! Dear, how come you're dressed as such? Do you want your grandparents and uncles think I am maltreating you?"

Grandparents?? What??

" Haven't I been a good father?"

" Euhh dad what's going on?"

" I told you your grandparents and uncles are arriving today and will stay here for some time"

" No way... "

So this explains everything. I must get change then. But then again there was no time.

Ding dong

The door.

We looked at it as it was an alien and then everyone started rushing while Franklin our butler, opened the door.