twenty - six | ❝ the quidditch cup ❞

[ 𝖼𝗎𝗋𝗌𝖾𝖽 ] ༉‧₊˚✧

——THE QUIDDITCH CUP ; 𝟬𝟮𝟲「❀」| 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣

「❀」| 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣 . 𝟮𝟲

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
THE ONE WITH THE QUIDDITCH CUP
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
❰ 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋𝗍𝗁 𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗋 ❱

——CLUTCHING THEIR PURCHASES, MR WEASLEY IN THE LEAD, THEY ALL HURRIED INTO THE WOOD, FOLLOWING THE LANTERN - LIT TRAIL. they could hear the sounds of thousands of people moving around them, shouts and laughter, snatches of singing. the atmosphere of feverish excitement was highly infectious; eliza and harry would not stop grinning. they walked through the wood for twenty minutes, talking and joking loudly, until at last they emerged in the other side, and found themselves in the shadow of a gigantic stadium. though eliza could see only a fraction of the immense gold walls surrounding the pitch, she could tell that ten cathedrals would fit comfortably inside it.

"seats a hundred thousand," said mr weasley, spotting the awestruck look on harrys face. "ministry task force of five hundred have been working on it all year. muggle - repelling charms on every inch of it. every time muggles have got anywhere near here all year, they've suddenly remember urgent appointments and had to dash away again . . . bless them," he added fondly, leading the way towards the nearest entrance, which was already surrounded by a swarm of shouting witches and wizards.

"prime seats!" said the ministry witch at the entrance, when she checked their tickets. "top box! straight upstairs, arthur, potter, and as high as you can go."

the stairs into the stadium were carpeted in rich purple. they clambered upwards with the rest of the crowd, which slowly filtered away through the doors into the stands to their left and right. mr weasleys party kept climbing, and at last they reached the top of the staircase, and found themselves in a small box, set at the highest point of the stadium and situated exactly halfway between the golden goal - posts. about twenty purple - and - gilt chairs stood in two rows here, and eliza, filing into the front seats with the weasleys, looked down upon a scene the like of which she could have never imagined.

a hundred thousand witches and wizards were taking their places in the seats which rose in levels around the long oval pitch. everything was suffused with a mysterious golden light that seemed to come from the stadium itself. the pitch looked smooth as velvet from their lofty position. at either end of the pitch stood three goal hoops, fifty feet high; right opposite them, almost at elizas eye level, was a gigantic blackboard. hold writing kept dashing across it as though an invisible giants hand was scrawling upon it and then wiping it off again; watching it, eliza saw that it was flashing advertisements across the pitch.