twenty - nine | ❝ back to hogwarts ❞

[ 𝖼𝗎𝗋𝗌𝖾𝖽 ] ༉‧₊˚✧

—— BACK TO HOGWARTS ; 𝟬𝟮𝟵「❀」| 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣

「❀」| 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣 . 𝟮𝟵

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
THE ONE WITH THE TRAIN BACK HOME
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
❰ 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋𝗍𝗁 𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗋 ❱

——THERE WAS A DEFINITE END - OF -M THE - HOLIDAYS GLOOM IN THE AIR WHEN ELIZA AWOKE NEXT MORNING. heavy rain was still splattering against the window as she got dressed in pair of loose grey sweatpants and a zip up hoodie; they would change into their school robes on the train.

she woke hermione and ginny up and then went downstairs, mrs weasley appeared at the foot of the stairs, looking harassed.

"arthur!" she called up the staircase, "arthur! urgent message from the ministry!"

eliza flattened herself against the wall as mr weasley came clattering past her with his robes on back to front, and hurtled out of sight. when eliza and the others entered the kitchen, they saw mrs weasley rummaging anxiously in the dresser drawers — "ive got a quill here somewhere!" — and mr weasley bending over the fire, talking to —

eliza shut her eyes hard and opened them again to make sure that they were properly working.

amos diggorys head was sitting in the middle of the flames like a large bearded egg. it was talking very fast, completely unperturbed by the sparks flying around it and the flames licking its ears.

". . . muggle neighbours heard bangs and shouting, so they went and called those what - d'you - call - 'ems — please - men. arthur, you've got to get over there —"

"here!" said mrs weasley breathlessly, pushing a piece of parchment, a bottle of ink and a crumpled quill into mr weasleys hands.

"— it's a real stroke of luck i heard about it," said mr diggorys head, "i had to come into the office early to send a couple of owls, and i found the improper use of magic lot all setting off — if rita skeeter gets a hold of this one, arthur —"

"what does mad - eye say happened?" said mr weasley, unscrewing the ink bottle, loading up his quill and preparing to take notes.

mr diggorys head rolled its eyes. "says he heard an intruder in his yard. says they were creeping towards the house, but they were ambushed by dustbins."

"what did the dustbins do?" asked mr weasley, scribbling frantically.

"made one hell of a noise and fired rubbing everywhere, as far as u can tell," said mr diggory. "apparently one of them was still rocketing around when the please - men turned up —"