pt1 Guess Who's Back?

Light Yagami pov

"Advanced nurturing high school?" I read in a puzzled tone, my father mentioned it to me. While an 100% employment offer Is an attractive offer I don't really care. if it's going to be like any regular school it's just going to end up being boring yet again.

"So are you interested light? it would be a great fit you graduated at the top of your class I'm sure you can do it" Asked the head of the yagami household with confidence.

While it is true that individuals from that school go on to achieve fame in their respective industries, I'm sure only the best get that treatment. You can't have incompetent people controlling society.

If I were to join the police I'm sure I could rise the ranks but passing here could be a quick way of rising to the top if I win I could be assigned international cases right after graduation. But before that.

"You look tired did something happen dad?" I asked worried for starters he called me down here with mom extremely late at night which wasn't that odd , him being chief could only mean he's working on some sort of case that's consuming a lot of the police's resources and time.

It's just courtesy

"Yeah it's just this case were working on is hard, were investigating kidnappings of children that we suspect are all connected and not just here in Japan but other areas in the world" I see this must some sort of large scale criminal operation.

"To have that much influence in different areas in the world...means that the person or persons behind this most likely wield strong ties to the government as well as other influential people. have you considered politicians? not to mention they have funding if the scale is as large as I suspect it to be they could not only be using government money but also be backed by investors and major business owners, you really seem to have a handful here.
Remember dad if you ever need any help with anything my door is open."

"Honey is it wise to mention such things here?"

My father an almost hummers manner but not quite said "well it wouldn't be the first time one of light's ideas helped move an investigation forward, I'm confident you will make a fine detective son"

"Back on topic, your education I'll leave the choice up to you, their entrance exams are one month from now I can have you apply tomorrow, this is a time in your life were you should be studying to become a cop"

"I'll do it. not only will I pass but I will make it out at the top of my class"

"Alright light I'll set it up first chance I get"

"Well I'd better get some sleep than"

One month later

I had taken the exam a week ago I'm sure I got perfect scores on all subjects and yesterday arrived a letter saying I was accepted, hence today being the first day of school.

"Morning "said my mother as always

"Did dad leave already?"

"Yes"

"Well that's a shame I heard outside contact is forbidden, I wish I could of at least said bye"

Chiming in sayu said "you can say bye to me!"

"Yeah whatever"

Outside

"See you all in 3 years" I said waving to them

"Bye! try not to bring a harem next time we see you!" Sayu said in good fun

Walking to a bus station that was quite the distance. I thought this school is extremely secretive. I couldn't find a single bit of useable information online. The students are probably on some sort of gag order. If anything this school might be extremely strict