pt3 The S System

Light Yagami POV

The entrance ceremony was nothing special. I looked around at the massive room, With ruyk to my back we watched the events unfold, the students were all seated it was impossible to tell to which class anyone belonged.

The person giving the speech is the principal. Behind him, sitting was who I could only deduce to be teachers 4 to be exact which aligned with the four classes.

one black-haired ponytailed female of middle age with a suit holding a stern look and serious, the other teacher looked in a better mood.

A man who clearly had an athletic build and another man of age with a suit who was grinning.

I tried to see if could gather any kind of information on the students near me. Some were yawning and on the verge of sleeping.

Guess they might have found this boring I'd be inclined to agree with them nothing of interest has happened. If this school is the best of the best you would think everyone here would take this more seriously.

I have to account for other possibility.
Maybe some got in via sports scholarships, connections,

To reach a quota?
maybe.

under what selection does the highest-ranking school operate?

As soon as the student body was asked to go to their respective classes I started walking pandering all my ideas trying to think of a plan. I stayed behind waiting for the hallways to clear up.

If it's a matter of academics no one stands a chance.......but I just need something to happen.

On my way to the classroom, I spoke up. "Luckily I'm at an advantage here...ryuk. most people here are under the impression that this school is regular while sharp students might think the curriculum will be harder"
but this is me we're talking about.

"And you're different how? It would be fun putting you in a regular school and seeing you waste brain cells dealing with a normal school" said Ryuk floating behind me.

I left out a slight laugh "please you're making it sound like you know for a fact that I'm going to lose brainpower dealing with this class, how bad could they be? We are supposed to be in the top school in Japan"
I said to Ryuk with confidence.

Ruyk responded with a vague answer "Who Knows"

Not even surprised I respond "you sure are as unreliable as ever."

I had a reason I was so calm with talking to Ryuk mainly because I had decided to go later than most students. when talking to Ryuk I had accounted for the survalence making sure they couldn't record me talking.

The hallway was large and expansive, the clean floor the ventilated system were all testament to how well kept this place is.

As for me getting lost that was no problem. This place may be big but they had a large map displayed with everything. So I took the liberty of memorizing the entire thing and even if I did get lost I could pull it up and find my way easily. Just something I developed, I needed to be aware of my surroundings.

I arrived at the classroom with the nameplate 1-D. Right on time, I thought.

Another student made it here at the exact same time. He looked exhausted he sported black hair, I can't make an assessment just yet but he was one of the students half asleep during the ceremony he didn't look that bright or capable as of yet.

I scanned the room the majority was focused on their materials, some were already talking and socializing meanwhile I noticed a red flag that most would be unable to detect.