Chapter 18: Sinful

"Ammi(Mom) I will be leaving for Lahore in 10," Shehraz informed, gulping the last bits of the orange juice

"Ammi(Mom) I will be leaving for Lahore in 10," Shehraz informed, gulping the last bits of the orange juice. A dispute between the customers at the hotel had occurred and the directors summoned Shehraz to reach there as soon as possible. Sakeena couldn't argue and knew that this was never going to end due to the nature of his occupation; it reminded them of how absent her husband had been through her time.

Shehraz stood up, placing his chair back when Sakeen said. 

"Take Jahan with you," Her spoon fell from her hands clashing with the plate but quickly picked it up pretending to eat. 

'What's Ammi up to?' She thought of Sakeena the glint in her deep brown eyes which had slight mischief. Jahanara shook her head while Sakeena ignored her attempt of pleading. Shehraz stood there buttoning the sleeve of his shirt and the royal blue coat laying on his free arm.

"But Ammi there is nothing for her to do, she will get bored and Raaya?" He voiced out. 

"Don't worry about Raaya. I and Ammi are here along with Aisha, just show her Lahore and your house," Danish asserted, savouring the kofta dish giving a thumbs up to Jahanara earning her a chuckle.

"Okay cholo(come on) Jahan quick," Her eyes widen as he wrapped his hand around hers but she halted. "Wait my phone," she ran up quickly, skipping the steps, grabbing her purse and phone while placing kisses on Raaya's face.

"Aisha take care of her," Jahanara stated in a firm tone and ran down with a racing heartbeat and wore her flats slowly walking outside not before bidding everyone goodbye by the time she was sitting beside shehraz her body gave up.

Shehraz pulled a bottle from the backseat, unscrewing the cap and passing it to her.

"Thank you," she whispered, letting the cool liquid calm her internal system which seemed heated due to the sudden action. Her cheeks were tinted in the darkest shade of red as she stared outside the window which could be misunderstood as if she is blushing.

"Did you even meet Raaya?" Jahanara asked not appreciating if he just ran out. 
Shehraz did not expect that but took a sharp turn and answered. "Of course Jahan I met Raaya," 

When he broke the news at lunch. Jahanara was disappointed in him. Not even a few days and he already was leaving. She understood his situation but he had to spend more time with his daughter even though she was thankful to Sakeena that she pushed her to go. 

Secretly she does but would never admit it.

Shehraz by now noticed without any reason she wouldn't question him like this but wanted to know what she was thinking so hard that brought worry lines on her forehead.