Chapter 21: Comfort

Jahanara fastened her hold and sobbed the tears which held enough pain to let it go. Shehraz caressed her head resting his chin on it. His fingers stroked her, rendering comfort. Shehraz was debating whether to speak or just let her vent out. He chose the latter.

The cold breeze blew as shehraz eyes stared at the mist wandering in the atmosphere. The divine mercy of Allah had shone upon the two people which unknowingly were bound to each other.

Jahanara's hiccups were the last thing he heard before softly pulling her as she stood there feeling embarrassed, her dull eyes downcasted as she turned away.

"What's wrong tell me?" He asked cupping her face while rubbing with his thumbs fingertip while tucking the strand around her ear. The thoughts filled her head which brought tears to her eyes as her lips quivered.

"It's okay come here," He urged her and wrapped himself around hers continuing to stay still. She screwed her eyes shut, mesmerized by the sweet rhythm of his heart. Instead, he surprises her by pulling her up as she wraps her legs around his waist.

"Jahan what did you eat last night?" He inquired. She pulled back with a frown on her face and pouted lips wondering why he was asking this. Shehraz was aware of how beautiful she was. But cuteness was just something else.

"I love my back a lot because without it I wouldn't be able to work," He whispered. Jahanara finally understood the joke and glared at him.

"Not funny shehraz," She asserted, resting her face against his chest. The deep laughter shook his chest as he made his way, being careful not to trip going back to the backyard which was rarely used but he needed it today.

Shehraz sat on the chair with a sigh as Jahanara made herself comfortable, her legs dangling on its sides while her forehead pressed against his shoulder. He removed his jacket, placing it on hers. Shehraz did not know how to make her feel better and said every word being cautious.

"Want to talk about it?" He asked knowing that she had to talk this out.

She pulled back, staring right into his soul. He saw the fear invaded in her grey orbs. Shehraz was familiar with it. The fear of losing a loved one. Jahanara's mouth felt dry. She wanted to tell him but couldn't find the proper words to form a sentence.

"Nightmare right?" He said. She nodded, taking his hands in hers squeezing them. It was time to finally tell someone about her tragic life story.

"I-I was a newborn left on a rainy night no one knew about the ones who left me." She began gathering all the chunks of those suppressed memories buried under the happy ones.