Anger

Tw: bad language, mention of violence, mention of weapons

We start heading over to security, this time we don't have to go to the "visitors" section. We do have to pass through a metal detector though and I laugh as James tries to explain why it said he has metal on him. "It's just my arm! I'm not carrying any weapons! Why do I get caught going in every single time! I mean it's not that hard! You can literally see my arm right here!"

"Excuse me, miss." I turn and there's a security guard talking to me. "Can you please remove any metal you have on you and then step through the metal detector."

I pause for a second because I realize that I'm the only one who hasn't gone through yet, meaning everyone is staring at me. I start to empty out my pockets. I've got a whole bunch of random weapons I used to escape from Hydra on me. I see the security guard glance over at James as though confirming he still wants me to come in. After emptying my pockets I step through the metal detector.

"Why are you still carrying around all that shit?" I shrug at James as I refill my pockets with the various weapons. "You're a little young to be so violent you know."

I whip my head around and look right at James. "What did you say?"

He takes a step closer to me and proceeds in a seemingly calm manner. "You shouldn't be carrying around all those weapons."

I'm shocked by how stern his voice is. Is he mad at me? "Well yea but I had to get out of Hydra somehow and I'm not just gonna ditch these high tech weapons on the side of the road."

I let out a weak attempt at a laugh. James turns and starts walking away. "James. What the hell? Where are you going?" James turns the corner into some hallway, so I run to catch up to him. "What is going on? James wait up!"

James turns around and looks me right in the eyes. I stop walking, taken aback by the anger in his eyes. It's the same look he used to get whenever Hydra would make us fight. Only, he's only ever looked at others like this. He was mad at them for making us fight each other.

"How many?" Anger seethes from his voice.

"James what are you talking about?" I can hear my voice crack. He's mad at me. Why is he mad at me? I'm... I'm scared of him. For the first time in years, I'm scared of him...

"How many damn Hydra soldiers did you casually murder to get out of there?" I flinch. His words feel like a slap across the face.

"None of it was casual." I feel myself getting angry. He's mad that I killed a few guilty people when he's spent his whole life murdering the innocent.

"How many?" I try to stand strong, but I can feel myself cowering under his glare.

"Not that it's any of your business, but it was fifty. There were fifty guards between me and freedom." My voice is quieter than I intended, not quite packing the same punch as his.

"You are a child, y/n! You don't get to go around murdering people! It's reckless! You should have made a better plan. One that didn't involve you killing all those people!" I scoff and step closer to him, no longer feeling the fear I felt just a moment ago.

"I shouldn't be killing people?! I shouldn't be fucking killing people?! Yea. You think I don't know that James? You think I don't understand that what I did, what I was forced to do is wrong? I shouldn't have to kill people to survive, but I do! We both do. Because that's who we are! We were literally programmed for the sole purpose of murdering innocent people James! If I shouldn't be killing people, take it up with fucking Hydra!"

I look around and see that a lamp fell down and a window cracked. Shit. I shouldn't have gotten all worked up. When I get worked up, I can't control myself and I do things with my powers, without even realizing it. I break stuff around me. It's my greatest weakness, aside from being young. I notice that people have gathered to hear me and James fight. Tears burn at my eyes, as I push past James and get into the elevator down the hall, headed towards whatever level it is I ended up hitting.