The Text

James and I head back upstairs to the room.

"Hey. You guys okay?" Sam asks as soon as we're back in the room. I nod my head.

"Yeah. We're alright." James says, his voice softer than usual. I sit down on the edge of one of the two beds.

"Hey y/n I'm sorry." I look up at Sam and shrug, motioning that I don't care even though we all know that I do.

James sits down next to me, before talking. "Sam what do we do now? Our one lead was a dead end."

Sam sighs. "I don't know Buck. I don't know."

We all sit in silence, pondering our next move.

"Wait, isn't this group, the Flag Smashers, trying to gain attention?" Sam looks at me all confused like, but nods his head. "Well, then there's gotta be stuff about them online. I mean if I was trying to gain followers for a cause I would put information all over the internet."

Sam starts smiling. "Yes. You're right. Their followers are coming from all over the world. They must be communicating somehow." Sam pulls out his phone, but then freezes. "I... I got a text from some random number. 'I heard you're trying to find the Flag Smashers. I think I can probably help with that.'"

The room goes silent, none of us are even breathing.

"Who could have sent it?" James asks, breaking the silence. Sam just shrugs.

"Can I see the number?" I ask. Sam hands over his phone. I look at the number and I recognize it from somewhere. "I know this number... I've seen it somewhere..."

I think back to where I could've seen it. It couldn't have been a number I had saved, I don't even have a phone. Maybe it was written down somewhere. Wait! That's it! It was definitely written down somewhere.

"I know where I've seen this number before!" I say, practically yelling.