It's All So Beautiful

Everyone here has been great and nice to me. I'm laying on the floor in a room full of sleeping people with little homemade blankets and pillows. I'm not sure who gave me my blanket and pillow, but I know I'm thankful for it. According to the little clock on the wall, I've been laying here, trying to sleep, for almost three hours now.

I'm right by the door, so I stand up, wrapping my blanket around me, and go out into the hall. I walk down the hall a little bit until I get to the door leading to the outdoor hallway. I go outside and find a spot where I can sit and see the moon. I climb up on the railing and balance myself so I can sit.

I take a deep breath. It smells really pretty out here. It smells like flowers and family and mud and people and hope. I smile to myself. It smells like hope here. I don't remember the last time I smelled something as pretty as hope. This whole place, it feels like hope. There's hope leaking out of all the doors. All the people, they walk around and they have hope. I think it's probably because of Karli. She's giving all these people hope. That's why I'm here, because I need a little bit of hope in my life.

I hear the door creak open behind me. "Y/n?" I turn around and I see Karli.

"Hi. Sorry, I hope you don't mind that I'm out here. I couldn't sleep." Karli comes over and sits next to me.

"I don't mind." She pauses for a second before asking, "Is there something on your mind? Something keeping you awake?"

I look back over at the sky. "I just don't understand why anyone is trying to fight you guys. What you're doing here is so amazing."

"Well thank you. I wish more people could see and understand what it is that we're doing." There's a moment of silence as though she's trying to find the right words. "Are you sure you're not awake because Bucky isn't here? You guys seem really close and you left him to come here. Are you upset that you left him there and came with us?"

"I... I'm upset he's not here. But not because I wish I hadn't left him. I'm upset he's not here because if he could understand what you guys are fighting for, then maybe, just maybe, he would find it as beautiful as I do." I look over at Karli and she smiles at me.

"You really think this is all beautiful?" She asks and I immediately nod.

"The way all these people are coming together to fight for this... It's... It's beautiful."

I hear the door open and see the guy who was with Karli earlier step outside. "Hey Karli you coming back in? We only have a few more details to figure out."

"I'll be right in Nico!" Karli says and Nico, I guess that's his name, smiles and goes back inside.

"What details is he talking about?" Karli looks at me.

"Oh. Just a few more details for how we're gonna stop the GRC's big vote. Do you want to help? I could make sure we plan in a job for you." I smile and nod.

"Yeah. I would love to help." Karli smiles at me one more time before hopping off the railing and heading inside.