"Bucky"

After I get done with the doctors, I realize how exhausted I am. I don't really care, seeing as I'm almost always tired, but James must've noticed me yawning, because now he's bringing me to some room to sleep. The elevator stops and we get off on a floor with just a hallway full of doors. As we walk down the hall, I notice that there are various names on the doors. The first door we pass says "Thor" on it. Then we pass one that says "Vision". Next is one that says "Peter" on it. Outside of this one two backpacks are laying on their side. We pass a few more doors, before getting to the end of the hall. Finally, we get to a door labeled "Bucky".

"Here y/n. You can sleep in my room." James says, reaching around me to open the door. Inside, there's a bed with a plain, grey sheet on it. Next to the bed is a nightstand that has a beautiful throwing knife sitting on it. Leaning up against the nightstand is what looks like Captain America's shield. I wouldn't even recognize it, except Zemo used to complain about Captain America and his annoying shield all the time. He had a little notebook that he kept notes on me in, but he also had a sketch of the shield in it. He called it his notebook of things he hated.

"You can just like sleep on the bed... I'll come back in like an hour to check on you..." With that James turns off the lights and leaves. I notice a sleeping bag laid out on the floor along with a pillow. I wouldn't be surprised if James slept there at night, it looks much more lived in than the bed. I walk over to the bed, pull down the sheets, and climb in.

[Time skip 1 hour]

It's nice that James let me sleep in his room, but I can not for the life of me fall asleep. I've been tossing and turning every which way for almost an hour. I hear a knock on the door and I get up to go answer it.

"Hey I didn't wake you did I?" James is there with his eyebrows furrowed again. I shake my head and open the door wider so he can come in. "You can't sleep can you?"

I look at James and shake my head again. "No... I don't fall asleep very easily..."

Back at Hydra I would only fall asleep under two circumstances, one they would drug me and knock me out, or two James would be in the room. When I first got to Hydra, I was really scared, as any nine year old child should be, but for some reason, the Winter Soldier took pity on me. The first night I got there, they told him to fight me. I was weak af so James knocked me out with one punch. Everyone expected James to just walk away like it was no big deal, but instead he came over to me and held me until I gained consciousness again. From that point on, I wasn't able to fall asleep unless James was there, because I knew he would protect me from everyone else.

"Come here." James motions to me as he sits down on the floor, next to the sleeping bag. I go over and lay my head down, using his legs as a pillow, as I have so many times before. He brushes his fingers through my hair and starts quietly singing a russian lullaby. This situation feels so familiar that I'm suddenly able to drift right to sleep.