Lexi and Sam -alternative pain and tension relief

Lexi and Sam - alternative pain and tension relief
••
A/N: I wanted to give some more insight into what happened between Sam and Lexi, right after Loser Like Me.
••
For the first time in what felt like forever, Lexi found herself in bed with Sam. In reality, it had only been a couple of months, but this felt right. It was familiar, and comforting. Although there was relief, both of the adults knew that there were some risks now that they had hooked up after the break up. Lexi sighed, getting off Sam's lap to lay down beside him, deciding to break the comforting silence.

"You know, I really missed this..." Lexi spoke up, as Sam turned his head to look at her. "I missed you." She said, sending him a sincere look.

"What a coincidence, I missed this too, but I missed you more." Sam replied, as she sent him a small smile.

Sure, they were in each other's presence, and were in pure bliss. They hadn't been intimate for awhile, up until now, and they hadn't realized the risks until the thought struck them.

They hadn't discussed their whole break up, but it was better late than never, right? At least Lexi thought so, and decided to bring it up.

"I spent two weeks locked in my bedroom when you broke up with me." Lexi admitted, after a few moments.

"Lex..." He said, as she shook her head.

"I was miserable, and I was upset, and angry at you." She continued, as she pulled the covers up to cover herself, before leaning against the headboard. "I told Blaine a week ago that you'd always give me a bag for any excess trash, and when you broke up with me, I was thrown in the trash." she paused, tears in her eyes, as Sam sent her a sympathetic smile. "I was mad that you didn't take a moment to consider the long distance, or even approach me with the decision to move back home. I was hurt, but you know what? I finally realized that you were the reason I got up everyday, and you were the reason I would get up everyday. So, when you broke up with me, I kept that realization in mind, and got out of my bed every damn day for the months after our break up." She said, wiping her tears that were falling. "You were the reason I believed in love. You always ensured I felt that I was worthy of love."

"Lex." Sam said, sitting up, and pulling her into his arms. "I was a complete idiot for ever breaking up with you. It's my biggest regret, and I was also miserable. Being apart from you these past few months were the worst months of my life." He said, as she leaned her head against his shoulder. "I'm sorry for everything, and for making you feel miserable, upset, angry, and hurt...I feel so stupid for not mustering the courage to tell you about moving back to Lima. I look back and wish I could change how things went down."

"It's okay..." Lexi assured him, as she looked up at him, and moved some stray hair from his face. "It's seriously okay."

"But it's not. It's really not. I was stupid, Lex, and I've been kicking myself for the past few months." Sam admitted. "And seeing you earlier this week, suddenly, I felt happier again, all of the familiarity and feelings came back."

"Woah, slow down Sam, one thing at a time." Lexi interjected, as both of them laughed.

Once they calmed down, she looked into his green eyes, as he stared into hers. She felt her breath hitch when he leaned his forehead against hers, as their noses touched. It had been months since they'd been in close proximity to each other and she had to admit that she didn't want this feeling, and familiarity to go away.

"You aren't stupid, Sam, and I know that deep down, you know that." Lexi said after a few moments. "My reaction would've been different if you would've approached me with your decision. We could've tried long distance, and contrary to Artie's beliefs, I believe we would've still managed to be together."