Lexi and Sam - Back at Work Pt. 1

••••
A/N: I wanted to write about Lexi and Sam, and what their life was like a few months after Aris was back to work. So, enjoy:)
•••••
September 2015
•••••
Aris had just turned five months old, and Lexi was relieved she could finally return to work. Well, everyone thought she should wait a little while longer, but she had already exceeded the mat leave time. She wanted to get back to work, and keep herself busy rather than worrying about her son every minute of the day.

Lexi smiled as her and Sam walked into the school together. It felt like home if she was being honest, and she was happy to be back.

"It feels like I'm home." She said, breaking the comfortable silence. "With a baby this time." She added, as both her and Sam chuckled, before looking down at their son who was babbling random things, quite happy and content, as long as they were around.

"It does." Sam agreed, although, he'd been back for over a week.

After a few minutes, he turned to look at her, and she knew what was coming. It was the same question that he'd been asking the entire morning and week prior.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?" Sam asked, for what felt like the hundredth time that day.

"Yes." Lexi answered, rolling her eyes slightly, while she bounced Aris in her arms.

"I still don't believe this is the best option. You could be at home, enjoying a day off to rest." Sam continued, as Lexi sighed.

"Sam." She interrupted his ramble, as he looked down at her. "I'll be okay. If I need you, I'll text you."

"Fine." Sam gave in, knowing his fiance was adamant on her decision, so he decided to leave it. "If that's what you believe is best." He sent her a small smile.

"Thank you." Lexi nodded, turning to see Santana walking up to them.

"Auntie Snixx is here to take Aris to daycare."  She smiled, as Lexi grinned, handing her Aris, when suddenly the realization struck her.

"Oh my god." Lexi muttered, as Sam and Santana turned to look at her, worried expressions gracing their faces.

"What? Spill it, Torres." Santana urged.

"No, it's nothing." Lexi assured them.

"It's something." Sam pointed out, as she sighed.

"I just realized that this is the first time I've been apart from Aris." Lexi shrugged.

"He's going to be right down the hallway." Santana said reassuringly.

"And I'm going to be in the choir room, or my office." Sam said, squeezing Lexi's hand lovingly.

"Okay." Lexi shook her head, feeling a little more at ease. She took a moment to glance at her phone. "I have to go. I'm teaching in five minutes." She said, as both her fiance and best friend nodded.

"Alright, say bye." Santana whispered to Aris, helping him wave at his parents, who laughed, but waved back at him.

"Bye, buddy." Lexi called after them.

"We love you." Sam added.

As soon as they were out of view, Sam turned to look down at Lexi. "Hey, you're going to do amazing. You've only been away five months, you can do this."

"I know." Lexi smiled.

"I love you." He said, leaning down and capturing her lips in his. She smiled into the kiss, as he pulled her closer to him. Lexi didn't know how she got so lucky. The fact that they were marrying in six months was surreal.

"I love you too." Lexi replied, once they had pulled away. She chuckled, as he pulled her into a hug, before allowing her to pull away.

"I'll see you at lunch." She sent him that beautiful smile he fell in love with, before disappearing around the corridor.

"Unless I see you earlier." Sam called after her.

"Don't get any ideas." She said, peeking her head around the corridor. She purposely sent him a smirk, before walking off.

Sam chuckled, and watched to ensure she was gone, before walking off the other direction towards the choir room. Part of him was worried, knowing she wasn't in the best place to come back. Although, no matter what he did, he was unable to convince her to stay home.