Lexi and Sam - The First Date

•••••
A/N: I wanted to include a one shot that gave some insight on Lexi and Sam's first date. They officially got together at the end of The Night of Neglect, but I wanted some more chapters with them. You can't have enough of them:) Anyways, I'm rambling, so this takes place after Night of Neglect, and before Born This Way.
•••••
Lexi sighed, as she walked up her driveway towards her house. It had been a dragging day of school, and all she wanted was to go home and chill in bed. She usually walked home with Sam, or he gave her a drive home, but today was different. He was nowhere to be seen after class, and part of that worried her. She just assumed he had gone home early, or he had a family emergency.

She frowned when she pushed the door open and immediately smelled food cooking in the kitchen. It was unusual, since she was home alone on Tuesday's. Well, maybe Sara was home cooking meals for the weekend, and following week.

"Hello?" Lexi called, as she put her jacket and bag away, before walking towards the kitchen. When she walked into the kitchen, she gasped, seeing Sam cooking in the kitchen. Not to mention, baking some dessert as well.

"Hey, Lex." Sam smiled, as she sent him a small but confused smile.

"What are you doing baking and cooking in my kitchen?" She asked, making her way over to him.

"Well, your mom gave me permission to use your kitchen, because I realized that we haven't officially had a first date." He explained, as he pulled the lasagna out of the oven.

"Wow, I didn't know you cooked or baked in that matter." Lexi commented, as she spotted what looked like brownies on the bottom rack in the oven.

"I don't." Sam shrugged. "However, lately, I've gotten into more of a cooking and baking phase."

"My hobbies are growing on you." Lexi smirked.

"They are." He smirked back, pulling her into his arms.

"I'm glad." She whispered, wrapping her arms around his neck, as he kept his around her waist. She smiled as he leaned his forehead against hers, allowing their noses to touch. "You know, I was worried when I couldn't find you after Glee today."

"I needed to run to the grocery store to pick up food items, and come here." Sam pointed out.

"Did you walk?" Lexi frowned.

"No, I drove, and then I parked my car down the street." He answered.

"How the heck did I not see it..." Lexi wondered aloud. "I can be oblivious sometimes."

"I wanted this to be a surprise, and it partly was." Sam said.

"Sorry I crashed a little early." Lexi muttered.

"It's not a problem." Sam assured her, intertwining their hands together. "In fact, why don't you go upstairs and change into some nice clothing, and come back down. I'll be in the backyard."

"Sure." Lexi nodded, as he leaned down, capturing her lips in his. Once she pulled away, she sent him a smile, before walking up the stairs.
---
As soon as she was changed, she walked down the stairs, and towards the back door. She felt her mouth drop open once she saw what Sam had done in the backyard.

Sam had set up a table with two chairs, and placed all the food on the table. He had also hung up some string lights. He really went all out, and Lexi didn't know what she did to deserve this setup arrangement. Not even that, but Sam. How did she get so lucky? That was an answer that would go unanswered for as long as she was alive. For now, all she could think of was how fortunate she was. Everything was perfect. He was perfect, and she wanted to cry - happy and grateful tears of course.

"You really outdid yourself." Lexi spoke up, making herself known.

"Anything for you." Sam replied, walking over to her. "You look beautiful." He complimented, as she blushed, looking down, before looking back up at him.

"You look pretty handsome, like you always do." Lexi complimented in return, as she brushed some of the stray hairs from his eyes. "All these string lights really bring out your green eyes." She added, as he chuckled.

"Thank you." He smiled, receiving a beautiful smile from Lexi in return. He felt so lucky to finally call her his girlfriend. He honestly didn't know what he'd do without her.

What Sam did know was that he wanted to keep Lexi safe at all costs. He knew he loved her more than words would ever describe. He found himself falling for her more and more as the days passed. She was his person, and his best friend.

"I love you." Sam said, after a few moments.

"What a coincidence." Lexi winked. "I love you back."

Hearing her response, Sam smiled fondly at her, and leaned down, capturing her lips in his. Lexi draped her arms around his neck, having to stand on her tiptoes, due to height difference. He only pulled her closer to him, wanting to savour the moment. A moment out of many. No matter how cheesy that sounded.

When they pulled away, Lexi intertwined her hands with his, leaning her forehead against his.

"You know, I've been asking myself how I got so lucky." Lexi admitted, as Sam hummed in response. "I spent months struggling to tell you I was in love with you, and that I loved you. It doesn't seem real, but here we are. I'm really the luckiest girl in the world."

"I've been asking myself the same thing, baby." Sam agreed, as he led her to the table. He pulled out her chair for her. She sent him a grateful nod, and sat down, watching as he sat down across from her. "I was a little lost, but I came around, and I'm glad I did, because what I know for sure, is that I want to spend the rest of my life with you, and loving you every minute of everyday."

"This may sound cheesy, but I love you so much, Sam, that sometimes I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack." Lexi said, as he gently squeezed her hand. "And I too, want to spend the rest of my life with you, and loving you everyday. It's probably the easiest thing I've done. Way easier than school." She added, as both of them laughed.

"Definitely." San nodded, before looking at the food. "Now, I believe we should try to eat this food before it goes cold."

"Yes." Lexi smiled. "I still can't believe you cooked a lasagna for me, and a pan of brownies."

"Your mom told me they're your comfort food." Sam smiled. "I googled recipes, had a few failed attempts, but I finally mastered the recipes."

"You succeeded." Lexi commented. "I love all of this. And I love you."

"I love you too, Lex." Sam replied, as the two of them continued to chat, and enjoy each other's company. They both knew they wouldn't get tired of each other, nor would they get tired of saying "I love you." It was simple, but meant so much more. It was meaningful, and that was one of the things they intended their relationship to be.