Lexi and Sam - Second Addition?

Lexi and Sam-Second Addition?
•••••
A/N: Another original one shot of mine. Since I planned to do this one shot book, I wanted to feature some one shots with Lexi and Sam's kids, because, why not? Anyways, this one is basically a one shot about Lexi and Sam discussing a second child. Enjoy!
••••••
March 2017

Lexi and Sam had been married a year, and they had been parents to Aris for over two years, and while they sometimes thought they weren't great parents, they knew people who thought the contrary. The little two year old brought them endless joy and happiness everyday, and he was finally entering that crazy toddler stage. Sure, he could be a handful, but he was also loved.

As of lately, it had crossed Sam's mind about adding a second addition to their family. He hadn't brought it up to Lexi, since he was coaching the New Directions, while she was in medical school, while juggling taking care of Aris, amongst other tasks. He knew she was busy, but it didn't hurt to bring it up right?

Lexi let out a content sigh as she got off of Sam, and laid down on their bed, both of them trying to catch their breaths. As of lately, the couple had barely got much alone time, so whenever their friend's offered to watch them, they were more than grateful.

"Oh my god..." Lexi breathed out, as she pulled the covers up, while allowing Sam to pull her into his side. "The house seems so quiet. It's odd." She commented, as both of them chuckled.

"Yeah?" Sam asked, as he traced his fingers on her arm.

"I can literally hear my thoughts aloud." She said, as she leaned her head against his chest, snuggling into his side, while he pulled her closer to him.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked.

"Exams, and a whole load of neurosurgery terminology." Lexi answered, letting out a sigh. "And wondering what the hell Santana and Brittany are doing to Aris right now."

"I'm sure he's fine." Sam assured her.

"Is he though?" Lexi asked, with a questionable smile.

"I'm sure." Sam smiled, pressing a kiss to her head.

"What are you thinking about?" Lexi asked, as Sam paused, arguing internally with himself, whether to bring up the thing that had been running through his mind lately.

"Not much." Sam answered.

"Really?" Lexi frowned, lifting her head to look at him. "Sure you aren't thinking about binge watching more The Facts of Life?" She asked, as he chuckled, sending her a fond look.

"Honestly, what I've really been thinking about involves our family." Sam said, as Lexi raised her eyebrow.

"What about our family?" She asked.

"Well, I love being a dad to Aris, and I was thinking about another addition." He admitted, as Lexi propped herself up to look at him, rather surprised. If she was being honest, the thought of having another baby hadn't crossed her mind.

"Another one?" Lexi asked, trying to hide the shock in her tone. She watched as Sam nodded, sitting up, as she got off him, and leaned against the headboard.

"Yeah." Sam nodded with a small smile. "Maybe not right now...but I wouldn't mind trying for another one in the next few months."

"Okay." Lexi said, letting out a shaky breath.

"Lex?" Sam asked, suddenly concerned. "Are you alright?"

"Mhm." Lexi shook her head, as tears welled in her eyes.

"Come here." Sam whispered, pulling her into his arms, as she hid her face in the crook of his neck. She allowed herself time to cry and let it out, while he simply sat there, holding her in his arms. Why was she crying? Sam had no idea, but he was here for her either way.

Lexi let out some deep breaths, as she calmed herself down. Once she had managed to lower her crying to the minimum, Sam pulled away, although he kept her close to him, while he looked at her.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Lexi assured him, as she wiped her tears. "Totally fine. I'm just overwhelmed with exams, and now that you brought up trying for another kid, I have a little more on my plate." She explained, as he nodded. She gasped, realizing how that came out. "And that's nothing on you, Sam."

"Oh I get it." Sam smiled, as she chuckled.

"It's just a lot to process." She smiled, frowning when her phone buzzed. "Oh my gosh, my exam results are in." She whispered, as her hand shook. "I can't open it...I'm too afraid to know the results." She admitted, as Sam leaned over her shoulder.

"Do you want me to open it for you?" He asked.

"Yeah." Lexi nodded, handing him her phone. She watched apprehensively, as he opened the email, and slowly scanned the email.

"Well..." Sam began, as she frowned.

"Well what?" She asked. "Come on!" She urged. "I want the results whether they're good or bad."

At that, Sam smiled, looking up from her phone. "You passed." He smiled, as she squealed, pulling him into a hug.

"I'm so relieved." Lexi breathed out.

"I'm proud of you, babe. I'm so proud." Sam whispered, causing her smile to grow.

"I love you." Lexi whispered, as he leaned in, capturing her lips in his.

"I love you more." He replied, as she smirked.

"Not possible." Lexi teased.

"Oh, I think it's quite possible." Sam teased back, pulling her into his arms, and pressing kisses all over her face, as she squealed, trying to escape his grasp.

"No! Sam! Stop!" Lexi laughed, as he tickled her, and continued to smother her with kisses. She relaxed when he stopped.

"Never." He whispered against her skin, as she leaned her head back against his shoulder, blushing when he pressed a kiss on her cheek.

"Well, now that we've celebrated, we should discuss a second addition." Lexi said, turning around to look at him, giggling when his smile grew.

"So you're on board?" Sam asked, still unsure about her reaction.

"Yes, yes I am." Lexi said, laughing again, when he pulled her into a hug.

"Thank you." Sam whispered.

"Why don't you thank me once all the nine months of pregnancy are over." Lexi joked.

"Doesn't hurt to thank you early." Sam shrugged.

"True." Lexi agreed. "But since we're still in the celebration mood, why don't we start trying?"

"Now?" Sam asked, still unable to contain his smile.

"Yeah, I'm serious. Now. If that's okay with you..." Lexi nodded, as he smirked, laying her down against the pillows.

"It's more than okay." Sam answered, before he towered over her, and leaned down, capturing her lips in his in a passionate but loving kiss. He pulled away, smiling as she sent him that gorgeous smile he fell in love with all those years ago. Sam could see her looking up at him with her beautiful eyes.

"What?" She asked, when he simply stared at her with fond eyes.

"I love you." Sam responded.

"I love you too." Lexi smiled again, pulling him back down towards her, as they allowed things to grow heated and escalate. Both of them were excited about the prospect of being second parents again. This time, the pregnancy wasn't unexpected, and Lexi had Sam by her side for the long haul. She knew she'd be okay.