Sam and the New Directions - Engagment Plan

Sam and the New Directions - Engagement Plan

A/N: This one shot takes place between We Built This Glee Club, and my extra chapter in which I included Sam proposing to Lexi. I wanted to give some more insight into what went into the whole planning. It was about time I futured one with the New Directions haha. Enjoy!
•••••
May 2015

Sam knew he loved Lexi more than words could ever describe. He loved their son who had been born a few months prior. He also knew that he was committed to being there for Lexi, and to be sure of that, he was going to propose. He was planning to. He knew that Lexi was into the idea of getting married. They had discussed it on countless occasions. Now, after settling on the perfect ring, it was a matter of when, and who he could tell.

"Whatever you gathered us here for trouts, it must be worth it." Santana said, sending him a firm look, as she, including the rest of the New Directions gathered into the living room.

"I'm confused, where's Lex?" Blaine frowned.

"I sent her off to do some editing for Fondue for Two." Brittany answered, receiving odd looks from the group.

"Actually, she's out with Aris at the park." Sam corrected, pacing back and forth in front of his friends.

"Why are you so nervous?" Quinn asked.

"She's right. Usually you're all chatty." Artie pointed out.

"Well, I'm nervous, because the thing I'm planning on doing in a week is huge." Sam explained, as he finally sat down in front of everyone. He pulled out the box containing the engagement ring.

Everyone's faces were priceless at the sight, causing Sam to smile slightly, as he opened the box so they could see the ring he had picked out. It was simplistic, yet gorgeous.

"Wait..." Blaine paused to process the whole thing.

"You're proposing!" Kitty squealed, jumping up and down like a five year old.

"Wow, trouts finally got the guts to get down on one knee." Santana clapped.

"I'm so confused." Brittany muttered.

"I'm going to cry..." Tina choked out, as she began to sob.

"Those are happy tears, right?" Sam asked. "They better be happy tears."

"Yeah, of course they are." Tina scoffed under her breath. She turned to Blaine, and sobbed into his shoulder. "Blainey days hold me, I'm going to be emotionally unavailable for the rest of the week."

"Oh good." Sam sighed in relief.

"When did you get the idea to propose?" Kurt asked.

"Lexi and I have always known we wanted to get married." Sam began, as he slipped the ring back in his pocket. "We discussed it in high school, and then once we broke up, it was out of the cards. Or so we thought. Cue the unexpected pregnancy, and then things began to become a little more realistic." He said, as everyone chuckled. "It wasn't until my mom mistakenly called Lexi her daughter in law over a month ago."

"Trouts, we all know it's purposeful." Santana rolled her eyes.

"She's the biggest shipper out there." Marley muttered.

"It's always the ones you least expect." Kitty nodded. "Although, parents, they can be a little overexcited."

"Anyways." Sam said, interjecting everyone's comments and opinions. "That's when our discussions about marriage started up again. It was obvious we both wanted to get married still. I love her, and she loves me. We're each other's constant support system. We both love Aris, and want to raise him, and any other kids we may have. I have known since I met her that she was the one for me. Yes, it may have taken me a while to end up with her, but when we finally became official, I knew she was my person. I knew I wanted to marry her."

"That's beautiful." Tina choked out, wiping her tears. "Even after Mike said no, it's impossible not to be happy and overjoyed for you guys."

"Chill, she hasn't said "yes" yet." Sam laughed anxiously.

"She will, Sam." Santana winked.

"She surely will." Kitty agreed.

"She called me while you guys were in a rut during the beginning of the pregnancy." Mike said, as everyone turned to him. "It was unusual, but she wanted someone other than the usual members to talk to. We talked about engagement and she talked about wanting to spend the rest of her life with you. So, we all know she's going to say yes."

"I hope so." Sam sighed quietly. "Because, I almost bought four rings to show you guys. I was so indecisive on which ring was perfect."

"You had your eyes on a diamond, a sapphire, another diamond, and a white ruby ring." Kurt pointed out.

"That was, until I got on the phone with him to remind him of the ring Lexi was so obsessed with two years ago." Blaine added.

"Honestly, if you would've bought four rings here tonight, not to mention the fifth, that would've been the value of four of Britt and my penthouses." Santana commented, causing everyone to laugh again.

"It's true, we're rich." Brittany smiled. "No offense, Sam."

"None taken." Sam shook his head with a smile.

"So tell us. Is this going to be a big proposal, or a private intimate one?" Blaine asked.

"Sorry to break the news, but it's going to be an intimate proposal." Sam answered. "I have a whole plan in place. I'm doing it in the auditorium, and I've gotten lights, and everything ready to go. All I need is Lexi to say "yes."

If Sam was being honest, while he was a nervous wreck regarding the proposal, he also hoped his friends were right. He had no doubt they were, but the nerves were still there. Well, Sam wouldn't know the answer until he executed the action. "You never know until you try." As the saying goes. One thing for sure, Lexi Torres was in for another unexpected surprise.