Lexi and Sam - Back to Work Pt. 2

Lexi and Sam - Back at Work Pt. 2

A/N: I decided to break this into two parts so I didn't exceed the one shot word limit (like I've been doing - lol). Anyways, enjoy!
•••••
September 2015

Lexi smiled as she walked into her science classroom. She laughed when Kitty urged everyone to clap and cheer as she stood behind her teacher's desk preparing for the lesson. Kitty was there to assist Lexi for the next few weeks, and had agreed to take over when Lexi returned to university after the holidays - which was all online - and for that, Lexi was eternally grateful.

"How are you doing?" Kitty asked, walking up to her, as Lexi sighed.

"You know, I'm just praying to whatever god exists that I get through this lesson without any trouble." Lexi answered, sorting through her paper.

"I'll be here if you need any assistance." Kitty smiled, before both of them turned to face the class.

"Hi everyone." Lexi greeted, ensuring that she acknowledged each and every one of the students, wanting them to feel comfortable and welcome.

"Hi Ms. Torres." They chorused in response.

"It's like being in kindergarten all over again." Lexi cracked a joke, causing everyone to laugh.

"How are you doing?" A student named Allie, asked.

"I'm doing alright, thanks for asking." Lexi smiled, although part of her was unsure of how she was really doing. Getting back to work, while being a mom to Aris, and wedding planning was stressful. She hated to admit when she needed rest. "How are all of you?"

"We all missed you, Ms. Torres." Allie smiled.

"They behaved well under my watch." Kitty smirked, as Lexi nudged her playfully. "I'm serious, they did!"

"You didn't boss them around?" Lexi asked, as both women laughed.

"Nope! I followed your lesson plans." Kitty assured her. "Now, get on with the lesson." She urged, as Lexi chuckled, turning to the class again.

"Let's begin." Lexi announced, as the class turned their attention to the woman, as she flipped through her notes. "Now, I know that SATs are next month, so thank me, because I'm letting you guys have an easy biology workload prior to the exams." She smiled, when her students smiled back at her. "So, we're going to start with biochemistry reports. They will be due on Sept 15th. You'll have a week to complete the assigned reports."

"Will we be doing them solo, or in pairs?" a student asked.

"You will be doing them solo." Lexi answered. "I don't want you guys cheating and sharing info, so if you have any questions, please come to me, or Ms. Wilde." She said, as Kitty nodded in agreement.

"Do you understand?" Kitty asked.

"Yes."

"Good." Kitty smiled, before turning to Lexi again. "The report topics."

"I'm on it." Lexi said, as she flipped the pages in her binder, looking for the assigned biochemistry reports "Okay..." She said quietly. "Uh..."

"Are you okay?" Kitty asked, as Lexi began to panic.

"Yeah." Lexi lied, although she was internally panicking. She was desperate to find her written notes she'd worked on the night prior. "Shoot." She mumbled.

"Lex..." Kitty whispered.

"If you guys would just give me a few minutes..." Lexi said, quickly trying to hold in her frustrated tears as she rushed out of the classroom.

Kitty sighed, before turning to the students. "Ms. Torres needs a little while. Uh, for now, I'll give out the lesson for this week." She decided, as the class nodded.
----
Once Lexi was out of the classroom, she rushed down the hallway, attempting to hold her tears that were threatening to fall. Everything was overwhelming and stressful. It was an emotional rollercoaster.

As she walked around the corridor, she ended up bumping right into Sam. He huffed at the impact, but looked down to see who the person was.

"Lex." He said quietly.

"I'm fine." Lexi lied again that day, although this time, Sam was really unconvinced.

"No you're not." Sam shook his head, as she avoided eye contact.

Lexi let out a shaky breath, feeling tears streaming down her face.

"Oh baby..." Sam whispered, pulling her into his arms, and walking down the hallway towards his office.

Once they were in his office, he quickly shut the door, and turned to see Lexi pacing back and forth as she tried to calm down. He walked up to her, and gently grabbed her hands in his.

"Lex..."