Lexi and Sam (New Directions) - Wedding Dances

Lexi and Sam - Wedding Dances

A/N: I wanted to include a one shot that gave more insight into the wedding. I don't know my main reason, but I've been wanting to feature some extra parts:) It's a longer chapter, but enjoy!
•••••
March 2016

The reception is in full swing. Everyone was happy. There was endless food and drinks, catching up, performances, meaningful speeches, and never ending celebration. Lexi had to admit, she wasn't the only life of the party this time.

She smiled as she shared her first dance with Sam in the middle of the room, all their friends and family -mostly Sam's - watching them. Even if her family wasn't there, Lexi still felt overwhelmed by all the love in the room. The gratitude she had for everyone was perpetual. She could say that Sam felt the exact same about the whole wedding.

"This is pretty crazy, huh?" Sam asked, breaking Lexi out of her trance, as he looked down at her.

"What's crazy?" Lexi frowned slightly, causing Sam to chuckle.

"Being married to you, finally sharing my last name, and us already one year into parenthood." Sam explained, as she smiled softly up at her husband. "It doesn't seem real."

"It's surreal." Lexi muttered, leaning into his arms, as he pulled her closer to him. The newlywed couple swayed to the music as Santana sang on stage. "I'm just so overwhelmingly grateful for you, and everyone right now."

"I'm grateful for you too, along with our friends and family." Sam replied, as Lexi chuckled at the silly expression he sent Aris, before looking back at her.

Lexi hummed in response, as they continued to dance together. "You know, I thought I wasn't going to be a good mother." She admitted, as Sam frowned slightly. "I thought I wouldn't be able to handle it. At the time, a mini-me or a mini-you seemed so complicated to handle."

"But look where you are now." Sam smiled again. "I'm here. We have a bright, but hyper one year old, and in my opinion, we've done a pretty great job. I could list many people who would agree."

"It's a relief really." Lexi said, squealing when Sam twirled her around,  before bringing her back into him. "I couldn't have done it without you. I'm thankful you came around."

"Are you kidding? Of course I would come around." Sam laughed, as Lexi whacked him playfully. "Sure, I was a little slow in processing the news, and making the decision, but I have never been happier in my life."

"I love you." Lexi whispered, leaning closer to him, as he smiled fondly, leaning her forehead against his.

"I love you too, Lexi Evans." Sam smirked, leaning down and capturing her lips in his. She smiled into the kiss as he dipped her over, before pulling her back into a standing position.

Just as they were going to continue dancing, one Brittany Pierce-Lopez took the stage. Taking the microphone from her wife, she took the centre stage. "Greetings, I'm Brittany Pierce-Lopez, one of the planners and bridesmaids here." She smiled, as Lexi sent her a thumbs up. "It is time for the father-daughter dance, and mother-daughter dance. Parent dance, whatever you want to call it." At that, everyone clapped.

Everyone except Lexi, who's expression was unreadable at the moment. Sam was confused at why his wife was suddenly freezing on the spot.

"Babe, are you okay?" He asked quietly.

"Uh, I don't have any parents." Lexi replied, as he sighed, a sad expression appearing on his face.

"I'm sorry, Lex. You know, we don't have to do this, we can have another dance together as a compromise..." Sam offered, as she shook her head.