Lexi and Sam - Here for You

••••
A/N: I wanted to give some more insight on what happened to Lexi and Sam after the shooting. I have a few more ideas for one shots, but would also love to hear your suggestions! So feel free to comment below. For now, enjoy.
••••
The shooting at McKinley had happened a few days ago. Turns out that in the end, it was only Becky, and the whole situation was unintended. However, that didn't stop every single person at the school from being traumatized. Everyone was in a state of shock, and there was anxiety and ptsd. It was a whole rollercoaster of emotions, and to be honest, it was too much to handle.

Lexi sat up, gasping as she woke up from yet another nightmare - more like a ptsd nightmare in the middle of the night - wasn't the first time. She sighed, checking her phone, and groaning when the clock read two in the morning. Knowing that her sleep schedule had been off as of lately, she decided to get up. Trying her best to not wake up Sam, she got out of bed and wandered into the living room, sitting herself in front of the fire.

As soon as Lexi sat down, she wrapped herself in a blanket, and tried to take deep breaths to calm herself down, but nothing worked. Instead, she felt tears streaming down her face. The shock not entirely gone.

It hadn't been too long before Sam woke up and noticed Lexi missing from the bed. He frowned, but decided to get out of bed anyway. He walked out the door, searching the upstairs, before he walked down the stairs to continue searching for her. When he saw her sitting in front of the fire in the living room, he walked toward her.

"Hey Lex." Sam called softly, as she turned to look at him. He felt his heart break when he saw the tears streaming down her face.

"Baby..." He whispered, rushing to sit down beside her. He was quick to pull her into his arms as she hid her face in his chest, allowing herself to cry.

"I'm sorry..." She sniffled.

"It's okay, it isn't your fault, we're all in shock." Sam assured her, as he pressed a kiss to her head, while she wiped her tears.

After a few moments of comfortable silence, Lexi decided to break the silence. "I haven't slept in three days." She admitted, as Sam looked down at her, ready to be all ears and listen to her rants or problems. "I think I'm having ptsd, and we're both clearly having separation anxiety, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's valid." She said, as he nodded, holding her close to him, as he gently rubbed her back. "Part of me has this fear that I could wake up tomorrow and you're going to be gone..."

"Lex, I'm not going anywhere." Sam said, as she felt more tears welling in her eyes.

"I mean, we were separated during that shooting, and that scared the hell out of me." Lexi confessed, as Sam wiped her tears with his thumbs, despite feeling himself crying too.

"It scared the hell out of me too." Sam whispered, leaning his head against her's. "I'm always going to be here for you. I'll be here whenever you need me. I'm not leaving you, and I'm going to make sure that we're together for whatever we may face. We're going to heal from this together. Okay?"

"Okay..." Lexi nodded.

"Good." Sam said, sending her a small smile, as he leaned in, capturing her lips in his. She smiled into the kiss, as he pulled her onto his lap. Once he pulled away, he sent her a sincere look. "I love you."

"I love you too, so much." Lexi replied, as she pulled him into a comforting hug. She wanted to stay in his arms for as long as possible. In fact, she never wanted to let go.

"However..." Sam began, pulling away to look at her. "Have you eaten much lately?"

Seeing Lexi's expression, he sighed, and stood up, holding out his hand to her. "Alright, we're going to go make food, because you need to eat. We can eat together, I'll even eat every meal with you until you regain your strength."

She sighed, but grabbed his hand, allowing him to pull her towards the kitchen.

"I know I haven't eaten." Lexi said, as she picked up a banana, while she watched Sam make scrambled eggs for them. "I've hardly  been able to eat because of my ptsd and anxiety...I couldn't breathe when we were separated during the shooting." She continued to list her confessions, while pacing back and forth. "I find myself unable to breathe properly while I'm having my ptsd attacks, and anxiety attacks, and it's terrifying...especially when I have them alone..." She managed to get out, as she quickly wiped her tears.

"Hey, hey, hey..." Sam said, opening his arms for her, as she sniffled, but gladly accepted the needed comfort. "It's okay. It's okay." He assured her, rubbing her back, while she cried into his shoulder for what felt like the hundredth time that week.

Once Lexi felt that she had calmed down, she pulled away, although she kept her hands intertwined with his, while she closed her eyes as she let out deep breaths, listening to Sam telling her to breathe, and whispering comforting words to her.

"How are you not crying?" Lexi frowned after a few moments, as they took their food to the dining table.

"Because I feel cried out." Sam shrugged, as she grabbed his hand in hers, squeezing it gently. "I want to be strong for you, and be here entirely for you because you need me."

"I want to be here for you too." Lexi said. "You need me just as much as I need you."

"Which is why we're going to work on healing from this together." Sam said, as she nodded.

"I want you to come to me whenever you need. Doesn't matter if it's a question, a problem or if you need to rant or cry. I'm here for you. I'm your shoulder you can cry on, and the person you can talk to." He smiled sadly, as she teared up again. "I also want you to come to me if you feel you're having a ptsd or anxiety attack. Sometimes those kinds of attacks happen during inconvenient times, so even if it's in school or in the middle of the night, alert me, and I'll be there for you."

"Sam, you don't need to do this for me." Lexi shook her head, as he sighed, knowing she needed him more than ever.

"Stop." Sam said, gently cupping her face with his hands. "Are you kidding? I'd do anything for you in a heartbeat." He assured her, as she smiled. "Nothing is too much. I want to be here for you. I promised I would, so that's a promise I'm going to keep. No matter the highs or lows you are going through, I'm here for the long haul. Okay?"

"Okay." Lexi replied, leaning in and pressing her lips to his. He was quick to reciprocate, as they sat there diving into each other, and savouring the moment.

Once they pulled away, Lexi let out a content sigh, as she leaned her forehead against his, allowing her nose to brush against his. "I love you so much. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"I love you too, so much, Lex." Sam smiled, pulling her into his lap, as she leaned her head against his shoulder. "More than you know." He added, wrapping her in his arms, afraid of even letting go for a minute.