24. Heartbeat

Author's POV:-

"What's the matter?" The nice built, handsome guy, with white shirt and black pants, spoke.

"H-Hyung..." Taehyung wasn't able to form words. The girl in his arms in her unconscious state, made him lose all his sanity.

"Hyung, she's Minkyu. Taehyung's fiance. She has hypothermia right now. Please hurry up and do something." Jimin spoke instead of Taehyung.

Yoongi nodded calmly and signalled for a stretcher to be brought.

The medical workers brought the stretcher and asked Taehyung to place Minkyu on it.

He wasn't ready to leave her. As if, his arms were the safest.

"Tae leave. Any more delay will make her condition worse than it already is." Jimin put a hand on his shoulder.

Taehyung was hesitant but the workers took her out of his arms and placed her on the stretcher.

Suddenly, Taehyung felt empty. He felt much heavier instead of feeling lighter. His heart was heavy with the feeling of guilt and worries.

He promised himself that he would never let the smallest of things harm her. He was engulfed by the darkness of guilt. Had it been him instead of her, suffering all this.

The stretcher was slowly pushed towards the scariest room one can ever think for their loved ones to be in. The Emergency room.

Taehyung ran behind them. But a hand stopped him midway.

"Stop Tae. Your work was till here. From here I will take care of everything." Yoongi gave him an assuring look.

"But hyung-" Taehyung wasn't ready to leave her. He wanted her infront of his eyes. He needs her figure infront of him for assurance.

"Hyung is right Tae. Stay here and keep calm. Everything will be alright." Jimin gave him a small smile. Rather a sad one.

But Taehyung wasn't in the right state of mind to listen to their advices. He pushed everyone infront of him and ran towards the ER.

A few workers walked infront of him and tried to block his way.

"Are you all stupid??!! My baby is there in pain and you want me to sit here and cry?" Taehyung growled.

Jungkook was watching all this from afar. He was shedding tears silently. He had no one to assure him. He was all alone.

"Let me go!! She needs me with her. I have to be with her! I can't sit silently and wait for something to happen!" Taehyung's voice was roaring in the whole building.

Jungkook was done with his rambling. He looked how Taehyung was the reason Minkyu's check up wasn't even started.

He walked aggressively towards him. He practically pushed everyone aside, who were trying to calm him.

He held his collar and pushed him towards the nearest wall.

"What do you think of yourself, huh?! You're a god? You'll save her? What will you do inside, huh?!" Jungkook snarled at him.

Taehyung stood there. His mouth wide open to speak, but no words seem to come out of it.

"Your biggest mafia title won't work here Mr Kim fucking Taehyung." Jungkook chuckled tears flowing through his eyes.

"We can't do anything....w-we...we are u-useless h-here..." Jungkook cried and dropped on his knees, his grip on Taehyung's collar loosened.

"We can't..." He spoke in a whisper. Overflow of tears from his eyes.