043

mikki

mikki

the moms had a meltdown yesterday. i hate it, this whole environment. i was staying here to compete at nationals and stay with the team. nothing less, nothing more. and hopefully do a solo.

sarah and gia's rehearsals were almost double my length. brady and i had spent every last minute in the rehearsal studios, redoing the moves and counting beats until it was burned into the back of my brain. honestly, i was sick of my brain consistently repeating, 'one, two, jump and down,' over and over and over again.

he made it bearable though. brady was always cracking jokes and making critiques that didn't make sense, laughing about it and giving me encouragement. i was so grateful.

"thank you."

"you've said that already! i told you to stop."

"ok, ok. sorry. but you know i really-"

"mikki, if you don't win, i will never shut up."

⤎⎼༌·⋱🩰⋰⋆༌⎼⤏

condor 🦅
whats pressleys number
bro
mikki
whats her number

mikki 🐁
no

condor 🦅
mikki

mikki 🐁
no

condor 🦅
yes

mikki 🐁
no

condor 🦅
yes

mikki 🐁
xxx-xxx-xxx-xx

condor 🦅
thanks :)

mikki 🐁
ew love

⤎⎼༌·⋱🩰⋰⋆༌⎼⤏

studio 19 was ringing cowbells or something outside the competition. ugh. honestly, i didn't need it. i walked straight through the crowd with a smile, waving at the girls. some of them scowled, others waved back. brady seemed to be very popular, struggling to get out of the swarm.

"well, that was an experience!" i sighed, "i just love getting my eardrums destroyed. i could hear vague shouts of 'you liar' behind me. "one thing i've learnt is that moms are really immature."

brady laughed.

stop beating you stupid heart. my chest doesn't need bruises ok.

i had found a coping mechanism to the drama. i'd just leave. brady was more than happy to go with me. we'd disappear into the corridor, or the wings, and we'd pretend we were a normal, functioning team, who definitely didn't scream insults at each other 24/7.