002

brady

brady

it was amazing to actually be dancing at the aldc on the actual elite team. it had been my dream ever since the show started. all the girls were really nice, so far. especially mikaela, who i had a conversation with after we finished dancing. she seemed like she'd be a good friend.

"so, how was it?" mom asked, grinning and patting me on the back.

"it was really cool, like, actually being in the aldc studio. and dancing there. i worked so hard for it and, yeah," i gushed.

"did you like the girls?"

"yeah, they were really nice about me, you know, being a boy."

"i saw you talking to that mikaela girl, is she nice?"

"yeah."

why is mom asking all these questions?

"ok, as long as you're happy."

we got to the apartment complex and dropped off our bags. i changed into a black hoodie and jeans. i was craving some ice cream.

"mom, i'm gonna have a walk around, ok?" i called.

"Sure honey, bring your phone and the keys."

i opened the door and stood outside in the hallway, flicking through my phone.

"brady?" it was mikaela. "hey, we're next door neighbours!"

"hey," i laughed, "what are you doing?"

"going to get ice cream, wanna come?"

"sure, i was about to do that too."

we ambled into the city, talking leisurely about dance, television and ice cream.

"here. this is apparently where the best ice cream is. at least according to google maps," she said, pushing open the door into 'carmela ice cream'.

it was a small parlour with natural, soft colours. mikaela bounded up to the counter and began perusing the menu.

"i'll have a lavender honey, please," she ordered, pulling out her purse.

"i'll have a chocolate, please." i pushed her wallet aside and pulled out a note.

"will you be paying separately, or together?" the cashier asked patiently.

"separately," mikaela said at the same time I answered, "together."

"separately," she confirmed, glaring at me. mikaela handed her note in before i could argue further. She gave me a sort of triumphant smile as she accepted her ice cream.

"why didn't you let me pay?" i asked as soon as we stepped outside, savouring our sweets.

"because," she said, swallowing her mouthful, "i don't like that sort of thing. and we're teenagers, we're broke."

"fine mikaela," i grumbled, spooning up another glob of ice cream.

"call me mikki," she said, "I'm only mikaela when I'm in trouble. what's your nickname?"

"i don't have one. just brady," i shrugged, lobbing my empty ice cream container into a bin. it rolled off the edge and clattered to the ground. luckily, mikki was distracted and didn't see this. i picked it up and put it away.

"you don't have a nickname! Ii have make one up," she muttered, frowning.

"Please no."

she threw her ice cream tub into the next bin without looking. to my dismay, it landed cleanly in and fell with a satisfying splat inside.

"brady, brady, brady. brades? brad?" she hummed, testing out them all.

"don't name me after a hairstyle," i said, pushing her gently. she shoved me back and i almost crashed into a bus post. grumbling, i brushed myself off and jogged to keep up with her. we crossed a street to peek into a small stationery store and continued, mikki still muttering under her breath.

"forget it," i groaned, as she suggested 'brainy'.

"you're right, you obviously aren't that intelligent," she teased. i gave a mock gasp and stuck my tongue out at her.

"well...you..." i couldn't form a coherent insult, so i shut my mouth and resolved to glare at mikki for a while. we walked in silence for about fifteen minutes before riding up the elevator to the tenth floor, where our apartments were. it was here that she screamed with delight. i quickly pressed my palms into my ears.

"watch it!" i yelled over her scream.

"i've got it!"

"got what?"

"the perfect nickname for you, duh."

i groaned loudly. "what?"

"Farrari."

i groaned again as she laughed hysterically. great.

pretty girls are always absolutely crazy.

the author speaks:wattpad please sort out your publishing problems

the author speaks:
wattpad please sort out your publishing
problems.