049

the author speaks:
i'm changing what happened to fit my story.

the author speaks: i'm changing what happened to fit my story

mikki

sarah was back. standing with us, in pyramid, together with us again. we had all hugged her and laughed until our ribs hurt. i think sarah cried a little too.

"alright, we're coming off a big win," abby began, "rising from the ashes, we won the overall high score. and i'm thrilled that we won, because that was my story. people doubted me, they thought i was gone. dust. but i'm here to prove them wrong."

i thought i was gone. i thought i was dust.

"we're going into nationals with three big wins. i want you to be national champions. if you don't win nationals, nothing else matters."

and for more drama, michelle dramatically appears at the dramatic end of the dramatic speech.

"abby, what is michelle doing here." ashley's tone was demanding, irritated.

"it's better that she's here where i can see her, then out there causing mayhem."

"abby i'm not here for chaos," michelle piped up, "i'm here for sarah to dance."

the moms began their protests. abby raised her voice to quell the beginnings of an argument. someone's hand wrapped around my arm.

pressley closed her eyes tightly, "my mom's going to ruin my solo," she whispered. i squeezed her hand.

"it'll be fine." i was lying straight through my teeth. abby wouldn't hesitate in the slightest to pull pressley's solo from her if ashley made a scene.

"sarah, you will be dancing this week, but you will be taking a much smaller role."

sarah nodded, beaming. she was happy to be back, even if she couldn't dance like before.

"alright, onto the pyramid." abby steered herself onto the other side of the covered photos.

even though i should've been at the top, i was still nervous to see where i was put.

"on the bottom of the pyramid, hannah. as the oldest female dancer, you should be the best," she emphasised the last three words, "period.

"next on the pyramid, gianina. you were good in the group. i thought your turn at the beginning, with the ashes, was beautiful. there's nothing else."

"next, lilly."

what? lilly was the centre for most of the group dance. she did a great job.

"your facials were great, and i think you enjoyed the challenge of the routines.

"next, brady. i thought the only problem with your routine was that you finished with your hand underneath yourself."

he nodded. brady had beat himself up about that one mistake for the whole week, and it was getting annoying having to listen to him complain, when the rest of his dance was stellar.

"next on the pyramid, paris. i thought you looked beautiful on the stage."

i gave paris an excited grin. she deserved that spot. she'd only been with us for three weeks and was fitting in really well.

"next, pressley. well done, you did a very good job with your solo.

"and of course, on the top of the pyramid, mikki. first place again."

i smiled wanly. last week here, and then it's all over.

"this week we're attending fierce dance challenge in new york city."

new york? this was the first time we'd be going somewhere on the east coast, somewhere new and exciting. full of life. paris squeezed my hand and we grinned giddily. this was what dance moms was meant to be.

"this week's group number is straight from the smash broadway hit, the prom."

brady and i gave screams of excitement. we'd obsessively watched every single recording of the prom we could get our hands on.

"the story is about two young girls who are in love with each other and just want to go to prom together. we are getting a song which is actually from the show. gianina, step forward. hannah, step forward."

they looked terrified, as if they thought they were going to be benched.

"you two will be playing the lesbian girls, that want to go to the prom together."

the fear dissipated and they grinned at each other. i was thrilled for them. leads in a national group dance!

"we have four national solos for the win. pressley, your dance is based off annabelle, a possessed doll. brady, you are doing a musical theatre jazz routine. think about the ratpack and frank sinatra. that's the vibe. lilly, your routine is called inside out. one half of your body will be lilly. the other half will be painted the muscles, tendons and skeleton."

lilly looked shocked and a little bit disgusted.

"and mikki, you will be doing a modern ballet routine, called cursed."

my jaw dropped to the ground. ballet was incredibly hard to pull off, it was so technically heavy and every tiny move you made mattered.

"and i've decided to give mikki and brady a duet."

brady and i exchanged excited looks. everyone else in the room gave a snigger.

"it's contemporary and it's entitled headaches."

this is going to be the best week of my entire life. a group dance, duet and a solo. in new york!

the author speaks:here's the update that took ages,forgive me please

the author speaks:
here's the update that took ages,
forgive me please. anyways, i just
finished an english assignment,
so now i'm feeling great. also, i spent
4 hours looking at a blank screen while
waiting for a goddamn competition
to finish loading, so i'm feeling really
pissed. the fact that this is my 8th
week in lockdown isn't helping either.

have a great day <3. drink water, sleep
more and take care of your mental health.

ALSO HELL YEAH I JUST FINISHED
EDITING EVERY CHAPTER I AM FEELING
HELLA GOOD.