050

brady

brady

this week's dance meant so much to me. my brother is gay, and he struggled with internal homophobia and discrimination for so many years. he broke down over dinner one night about it, and that was how we found out. 

it didn't change anything.

i think it's kind of weird how we think we can decide who other people love. it's weird how we think we can change how other people feel. it's weird that we think there is a right way to love.

there isn't, not really.

⤎⎼༌·⋱🩰⋰⋆༌⎼⤏

mikki

this week's dance meant the world to me. my dad had been an extremely devoted catholic and basically wanted to murder every single gay person in the world. so when i came out as pansexual, it wasn't a very pretty scene. he left mom and i the next day. i had cried about it for six months, wishing i hadn't said anything, but after a while, i learned that it wasn't my fault. it was his. if he couldn't love his own daughter for who she was, he didn't deserve anything.

seeing people like me represented in a dance made me so happy.

screw you, giver of the sperm that created me.

"there's so many emotions stirring between you two," abby gestured at hannah and gia, "and i'm not seeing that connection and that chemistry."

the dance was so fun. but it was also much deeper than the surface level musical theatre. we were telling the story of people who kept quiet because they didn't want to be outcasted. 

i hadn't told anyone on the team because the subject hadn't really come up. maybe i'd tell them this week.

⤎⎼༌·⋱🩰⋰⋆༌⎼⤏

"alright mikki, let's start on your solo," abby directed, pointing to the centre of the stage. "your dance is called 'cursed'. it's about a girl whose life just goes wrong. everything just-" abby made a motion that looked like she was throwing things up in the air.

modern ballet is hard. it's all about form and figure, but with a contemporary twist. it required so much strength and stamina, a constant tensing of the muscles, poise and-

perfection.

all the moves had to be precise, sharp and strong.

"higher!" abby yelled over the music, "get that leg up higher!"

we went through it so many times i thought my legs might permanently stay tensed. abby was finally satisfied after an hour and told me to take a break and come back to do the duet.

the duet was what i was looking forward to the most. brady and i had begged for this duet since forever, and we had finally gotten it. seemed like a cool concept as well. headaches.

"so this whole concept is about brady getting headaches, because you're always on his mind," abby told us, "he's thinking about you all the time, so much that it's starting to hurt his head. it's a hard idea to get across to the judges. there's going to be a lot of lifts in this one, so get ready."

it was brutal. i think brady's arms where aching from lifting me, because unlike all the other wattpad girls, i actually weigh something. i may look like a delicate little dancer, but i'm pretty heavy.

"alright, you're done," said abby, motioning to the door, "well done."

"that," brady grinned, sweat coursing down his forehead, "was the coolest dance ever."

"i know," i smiled back, pushing his wet hair out of his eyes, "i'm glad i get to do it with you."

⤎⎼༌·⋱🩰⋰⋆༌⎼⤏

"what do you guys think of the group dance?" gia asked, sucking the straw of her water bottle, "i think it's pretty cool."

"yeah," i replied, smiling, "especially since i'm pan. it's nice to see lgbtq relationships in dance. doesn't happen often."

sarah frowned, "you didn't tell us that," she said, tilting her blonde head.

"it never came up," i shrugged, "i don't know, am i just meant to say it out of the blue?"

"well, it doesn't matter anyways," lilly cut in, "who cares? i mean, we care, but it's not a big deal or anything."

everyone nodded in agreement and moved on.

it was safe to say that they took it a lot better than the giver of my other X chromosome.