Fluff, Jimmy x Scott - Flipped Proposal (3rdLifeSMP)

An AU. It's placed in between sessions 6 and 7, and there's enough peace for the oneshot to take place. Also, Jimmy and Scott are just dating...for now ;D

~ Requested by @Nothingisheretrustme.

"Oh no...where is it?!"

Panic swept over Jimmy as he realized the ring wasn't in his pocket. He frantically glanced around at the floor, but he didn't see it. There wasn't time for this! Why did the thing have to be so small and easy to lose?

Maybe he just misplaced it? He rushed over to his chests and began digging through those, but he couldn't find it there either. Not that he could find anything in his chests usually.

Footsteps made Jimmy look up to see Cleo entering the house. "Hey, Jimmy, I was just coming to make sure you were ready. Is...something wrong?"

"I lost it," Jimmy replied dejectedly. "I lost the ring."

Jimmy and Scott had been dating for some time now. While everything was at a relatively peaceful moment, Jimmy thought it could be a good time to take another step and propose to Scott. Bdubs and Cleo had been nice enough to help set things up and keep the plan secret. Jimmy and Scott were supposed to go on a nice date today, and Jimmy would propose during it. But somehow, he'd lost the ring.

"Lost it?" Cleo asked. "Did you drop it?"

"I don't know! I just checked to see if it was in my pocket before I left and it wasn't. I don't know where it went," Jimmy replied.

"Well, not all is lost. You've still got the date, and maybe the ring will pop up," Cleo said reassuringly. "And if it doesn't, you could propose without the ring. It's the words that matter anyway, not a piece of jewelry."

"I guess you're right," Jimmy smiled. "Thanks, Cleo."

"Of course. Now go on! You don't want to be late to your own date," Cleo said teasingly.

"Right!" Jimmy shot out the door, yelling, "Thanks again for everything, Cleo!" over his shoulder as he ran.

He was out of breath by the time he reached the meeting place. No one was there yet, which was good; he'd wanted to be the first. He sat down, taking a moment to catch his breath and look around.

The meeting area was just a small plain, encircled by forest. It was far enough away from everything that they shouldn't be interrupted by anyone, friend or foe. The plains seemed bland, but that's not where the date would take place. Hidden in the trees was a path of flowers, leading to a pretty little pond that Jimmy had stumbled across a week or so ago. It was an ideal place to spend some time alone with Scott, and for Jimmy to rack up his courage to propose.

A figure approaching caught Jimmy's eye, and he stood up, quickly dusting himself off. He smiled, despite the nerves beginning to build at the sight of Scott.

"Hey, Scott!" Jimmy greeted when Scott neared.

"Hello, Jimmy," Scott replied. "Bdubs said to meet you here..."

"That's right," Jimmy nodded. His heart was fluttering already. Could he do this?

Scott raised an eyebrow when Jimmy didn't explain. "Is there a specific reason or..."

"Oh, right!" Jimmy chuckled nervously. "So, uh, since everything's kind of peaceful right now, I was thinking it could be good to spend some time together...um, you know, go on a nice walk..."

"So, a date?" Scott questioned. Jimmy envied how calm he was.

"Um, yeah, basically," Jimmy said.

"Alright, you know I'm always up for that," Scott replied. "Lead the way."

Jimmy didn't know what he'd been expecting, but for some reason, he hadn't been expecting it to go so well. He began to lead the way to the flower trail, taking a deep breath to calm himself down. Everything would be fine.

"This is pretty," Scott commented as he followed Jimmy down the path of flowers.

"Oh, if you think this is pretty, just wait until you see where we're headed," Jimmy grinned.

His nerves were beginning to calm as he fell into a casual chat with his love. The path was longer than Jimmy remembered, but neither he nor Scott minded. At some point, their fingers interlaced, and Jimmy was happier than he'd been in a while, content to just walk with Scott.

After a while, they emerged into a small clearing. There was a pond in the middle that shone from the sun, but it was in just the right spot that it wasn't reflecting into their eyes. Surrounding the pond was lush grass dotted with brightly colored wildflowers. A bee floated among the flowers on the opposite end of the pond, and colorful little butterflies fluttered around the area.

"Whoa," Scott murmured, his eyes wide with wonder. Jimmy's heart melted a little at the look on Scott's face. He was so perfect.

"What did I say?" Jimmy replied with a smile.

"Are those butterflies? I don't think I've ever seen butterflies around here before...and it's so peaceful..." Scott said, a smile spreading across his face.

"I know. It's like...like a fairytale scene or something," Jimmy replied.

"It really is," Scott agreed.

A comfortable silence fell as both continued to gaze at the pond. Jimmy suddenly remembered the real reason he was here and wondered if now was a good time. He glanced at Scott.

"I actually have something to ask you..."

Jimmy blinked as he realized Scott had said the same thing. "Oh, uh, you have something to ask too?" he said.

"Y-yeah," Scott nodded. "But you can go first."

"No, you can," Jimmy said, figuring it would be something simple he could talk about, getting his confidence back in the meantime.

"Are you sure?" Scott asked. When Jimmy nodded, he began. "So, first of all, I found this on the floor yesterday, and I think I know where it came from." Jimmy's heart skipped a beat as Scott held up the ring Jimmy had been looking for earlier.

"I-uh-" Jimmy stammered, his mind going blank. What was he supposed to say? To his bewilderment, Scott smiled softly and went on.

"Jimmy, we've been together since the start of this, both as allies and, even more, as partners. I've never once doubted our relationship, and I've been wanting to ask this for a while." Scott got on one knee, and Jimmy felt a wave of excitement and shock pass over him. "Jimmy, will you marry me?"

"I-yes! Of course I will!" Jimmy replied, his voice rising in excitement. "You know it's funny...I was going to ask you the same thing..."

Scott slipped the ring on Jimmy's finger and stood up, interlacing their fingers once more. "I kind of figured when I found the ring," he smirked. "And my answer would have been yes."

Jimmy kissed Scott and hugged him, tearing up with happiness. "I love you, Scott," he murmured.

"I love you too, Jimmy."