Fluff, Skizz & Impulse - Purrrfect Prank (Boo'ed! 👻)

(I realize I already posted today, but for once brain said let's be ✨ p r o d u c t i v e ✨ so you get two oneshots in less than 24 hours.)

I've been Boo'ed! :D 

HermittpadRecap yo, you guys know this, but get over here /lh

I actually had two ideas for what to do with my prompt, "dust." I picked one to do first, this one, but maybe possibly there'll be a Forewarned (a horror game that Team JITS played recently) oneshot coming soon. No solid promises but... maybe~

If you haven't heard of this Boo'ing nonsense yet (although I'm sure you probably have by now), check recent chapters of the Hermittpad Recap for information about the game!

Now, enjoy more queerplatonic Skizzpulse. Oh, and also catboys Skizz and Impulse :3

Don't- don't ask me how I ended up with catboys from "dust". I genuinely don't know lol.

~~~

In itself, Halloween was an interesting event. There were wild costumes, candy, spooky decor, and pranks. All of these things practically screamed that there would be even more chaos and shenanigans from the other Boatem members than usual, and Impulse did his best to stay on his alert for those... while participating in a few himself. Since the start of October, he'd given a fair amount of pranks and dodged most himself, though he did still successfully receive a few. 

Out of all the surprises he expected to receive during Halloween month, Impulse least expected that his biggest would come from a jar of weird dust that Skizz brought home.

Impulse was in his factory, making more spooky-themed chocolate treats for a big Halloween party the Hermits were planning. Humming a tune and lost in his thoughts, he didn't hear or notice Skizz come in at all, not until he felt arms wrap around his torso and his feet come off the ground. He squeaked in surprise, and Skizz's laughter gave him away.

"Skizz!" Impulse cried indignantly, only making the other laugh harder. "You can't just do that!"

"Sorry, sorry!" Skizz said as he set him down and stepped back, snickering. "You were just so focused, and I couldn't help it."

Rolling his eyes, Impulse sighed and turned to face him. "How'd the shopping trip go?"

"It was great, dude! I was able to find everything we needed pretty easily." As he spoke, Skizz handed Impulse a shulker box.

With a hum, Impulse opened the box and peered inside. He did spot pretty much all of the redstone and miscellaneous items he'd asked Skizz to get, but something caught his eye that seemed out of place. It was a small jar, filled halfway with a mysterious, faintly glowing lilac powder. 

"What's this?" he asked, lifting it up.

"Oh, uh, I dunno," Skizz shrugged. "Scar convinced me to get it; you know how he is with his deals. He said it held a 'purrrfect surprise,' with the extra r's and everything."

Raising an eyebrow, Impulse slowly turned the jar in his hands. "Weird..."

He wanted to call it another one of Scar's scams, but for once, it struck him as something real. From the soft purple glow to the slight warmth it had in his hands, it gave him magical vibes—and he wasn't sure he liked it.

"What does it do?" Impulse asked.

"He wouldn't say! I asked him, and he just said I'd have to take it and see." Skizz tilted his head a bit. "Should we open it?"