Chapter 1 • Conversation

It's lunch time. You, Mina, Ochako, and Momo are talking and casually eating as you all talk. Suddenly, a girl with amazingly long blue hair runs up to you. It's your best friend, Nejire. You two have been friends every since you two met in UA highschool.

"Hey Y/N! Just wondering, do you want to hang out with me later if you aren't busy?" she asked.

"Oh, yeah sure. I'm not busy so I suppose," you replied. Everyone always thought of you as the kind of person to be always calm, so it makes sense why you'd probably reply in that type of way.

"Great! Oh, and my other two friends will be there too, hopefully you don't mind if they come along with us." she said.

"I wouldn't mind. They're those two guys that you're with in The Big 3, right?" you asked. You didn't really know them since you never actually talked to them, but you have heard of them though.

"Yep! Mirio and Tamaki." she said

"Oh yeah, I remember when Mr. Aizawa introduced you and the other two boys before in our class and you showed us your quirks afterwards," said Yaoyorozu.

"Oh, lunch time is over. Let's get to class, guys, we don't want to be late!" said Ashido.

You guys got to class. It was Ectoplasm's class.

When you came in, a boy with yellow hair complained, "Why did we have to have math class today?"

"It's not so hard! Just try to do your best, Kaminari!" said Kirishima.

You went over to your seat that was just beside the window. You gazed at the window watching the butterflies pass by as the whole class was waiting for the teacher to arrive.

After a few moments, the teacher came in. You managed to do well in math class and training for today.

After school was done, you walked toward your dorm for some rest, but before you could get to your dorm you got a text message from Nejire.

Nejire: "Hey! Is it ok if you could hang out right now?"

Y/n: I was about to go rest in my dorm since I'm a bit tired, but I think capable enough to hang out with you guys.

Nejire: All right! I'll meet you at the park. See you there!

-At the park-

You got to the park. You saw Nejire with her two friends that she mentioned before. One of them had blond hair and was very tall. The other one had nice, indigo hair and was very quiet.

"There you are! You're right on time!" said Nejire. "Y/n, these are my friends, you can call them Mirio and Tamaki! I'm sure you've heard of them when Mr. Aizawa introduced them to your class, but I don't think you got a chance to talk to them, so here they are!"

"Hello, nice to meet you, y/n!" said Mirio. He had a very happy smile on his face. You gave him a soft smile back and waved.

You then heard a very soft and quiet voice from behind.

"U-um, hello.." said Tamaki.

You also gave him a soft smile and waved at him too. At first you thought that he was very hesitant and quiet, but you weren't very sure why. "I suppose he's just the kind of guy to not talk much. But I don't blame him since I'm not very talkative either," you thought.

"Okay guys, let's go head to the park and have fun!" said Nejire. You all arrived at the park. You seemed very happy since you have always loved going outside once in a while.

A couple minutes have passed, you kept strolling in The park with your friends. Mirio and Nejire were chatting with each other while you and Tamaki were silent.

"I wonder why the boy with Indigo hair seems to be  so quiet.. I suppose it wouldn't be very entertaining if I can't talk with someone, so I guess I could probably start a conversation with him at least somehow," you thought.

"So.. your name is Tamaki, right?" you asked.

"Um, yeah.." he replied.

"I'm l/n f/n, but you can just call me f/n if you want." you said.

"Oh, u-um, all right then.." he stuttered.

"Is it ok if I ask you a question?" you asked.

"Oh, um, sure. I-I don't mind.." he said.

"Why do you seem very quiet most of the time? Not that it's bad or anything.. I'm just curious," you asked.

"Oh, well, I'm usually quiet a lot.. I'm also a bit anxious around people I'm not used to," he said.

"Oh, that makes sense. Don't worry, I'm sometimes quiet around people I'm not used to either. It's ok to be anxious," you told him.

"Oh, u-um, thank you," he said with a surprised look on his face. He turned around because he didn't want you to see him startled because he was afraid that you'd be worried for him.

"So, Tamaki, what's your quirk?" y/n asked him.

"Oh- u-um, well.. my quirk is called Manifest.. whatever I eat is basically my ability," he replied.

"Oh, that's pretty cool. My quirk's pretty simple. Mine is black holes," y/n said.

A few hours have passed and the sky got darker, so all of you decided to end your day at the park, but before you could leave, Mirio tapped on your shoulder from behind and asked, "Hey! Want to exchange phone numbers?" You agreed and both of you gave each other your numbers.

"Would you like Tamaki's phone number as well?" he asked.

"Oh- um, yeah, sure," you replied. He gave you Tamaki's number and gave Tamaki your number.

After you got Mirio and Tamaki's phone numbers, you went back inside your dorm for some rest. You went to your bed and fell asleep after a very long day.

End of Chapter 1

Word Count: 997