Chapter 8 • Overthinking

Tamaki's POV

I was talking with Nejire and Mirio while they were still setting up the picnic. After an hour passed, they were finally done.

"We're finished!" Nejire said. "It looks perfect!"

The picnic was flawless, I was amazed from how much effort they put into it. There were beautiful lights that Nejire wrapped around the tree and delicious snacks and food that Mirio put in the basket.

"Agreed! It seems like an amazing spot for your picnic!" Mirio said with a thumbs up.

"So, since we finished a lot earlier than we thought, what are ya planning to do with y/n tonight?" asked Nejire.

"Oh, um.. I-I'm not sure.. I've never hung out with anyone without you guys with me.." I replied.

"Just try to act natural like how you act natural with us!" Nejire said trying to encourage me.

"I-I guess I could try..." I said stammering.

"Don't worry about it! Just try to have fun with y/n and try your best," Nejire told me.

"And remember.." Mirio said, "actions are more powerful than words. So if you can't speak your words to y/n, just show it to her!"

What he said made sense to me, I tried to take their advice and gave them a soft smile. "Thanks, guys.. I appreciate it," I replied.

"Oh, it's 12:00 pm, I'll go order us lunch and bring it here, be right back!" said Nejire.
  When Nejire left, Mirio went to me and decided to talk.

"So, Tamaki.. how long have you liked y/n?" he asked curiously.

"Oh, I'm not sure.. I think I liked her without realizing it..." I replied. "I never really experienced love until now.."

"Cool! I'm sure that your date with y/n will be amazing!" he said happily.

We talked for about 10 minutes until Nejire came back with the food. She arrived back and we all ate together.

Y/n's POV

After we came back from the brunch, it was already 12:00 pm. I wasn't really hungry for lunch since I ate breakfast a little bit late.

I went into my dorm room and sat at the edge on my bed with my head facing down. I was overthinking about Mina's prediction.

My emotions kept switching back and forth from excitement to stress. I never experienced love, but at the same time I didn't know if I was really ready for it.

I was gazing into my thoughts until I heard a knock on my door. I went to my door and opened it to see who was knocking, it was Mina.

"Hey y/n! Ready to go get some lunch now?" she asked.

"Not right now, I'm not really hungry, but thanks for asking," I replied. "You can go eat lunch without me."

"Are you sure?" Mina asked. "Breakfast was only two hours ago."

"Yeah, I'm sure," I said. "I'll eat lunch by myself, don't worry about me."

"Ok then. If ya need anything then let us know!" she said. She waved goodbye and shut the door.

I went back to my bed to lie down and rest. My mind was full of hundreds of thoughts. I couldn't think straight at all.

"This is useless.." I thought to myself. I decided to just take a small nap and gave up.

End of Chapter 8

Word count: 562