Chapter 9 • Picnic

Tamaki's POV

A few hours have passed, the time was 8:48 pm. I was super nervous for my picnic date with y/n. I changed into a nice outfit. I decided to call Nejire on my phone before the picnic starts for more advice.

"Hey Nejire, sorry for disturbing- I really need help before the picnic starts.. I'm really anxious.." I told her.

"Don't worry, Tamaki! Remember what Mirio and I told you this morning if you're ever struggling with something during your date," she said. "I believe in you!"

She kept encouraging me with words until the time finally 8:56 pm. "Thanks.. um, I'm going to go now since I don't want to be late.. bye Nejire."

I hung up and got to the park where the picnic was. The lights that Nejire hung up around the tree lit up beautifully.

"Mirio and Nejire did a great job decorating this.." I thought to myself.

The time turned 9:00 pm, y/n finally arrived. She casually waved at me.

"Um, hey Tamaki!" she said. "Sorry if I'm a little late.."

"Oh, i-it's fine.. d-don't worry about it," I replied.

She sat down next to me on the picnic floor. She then noticed the lights that were hung up on the tree branches and how the food was very well organized.

"The lights look very pretty.. you set this up yourself-?" she asked.

"U-um.. no, not exactly.. Nejire was the one that set up the lights.." I replied.

"Oh, ok.. wait- but I thought she said she was going to be busy...?" she said in a confused way.

I didn't know what to say. I didn't want to lie to her. How could I lie to someone that has been so nice to me all this time..?

"U-um- well uh- y-you see I- um.. well—" I stammered. I gave a sigh and gave up on what I was trying to say.

I then remembered what Mirio told me this morning.

"And remember.. actions are more powerful than words."

After I remembered that, I decided to just show what I meant instead of telling her.

I grabbed her hand and held it. I looked at y/n with eye contact and stared at her.

"Nejire made up that excuse of her being busy because she wanted you and I to go on a date.." I explained. "..but I was too nervous to ask you out myself.."

Her eyes widened and her face looked surprised. She was in shock.

"Y/n..." I said.

"..."

"I'm in love with you."

I faced down to the ground because I was to flustered. I closed my eyes because I was scared to see her reaction.

"I love you too, Tamaki," she replied.

I slowly opened my eyes back open and looked back up to her.

I was relieved that she felt the same way.

She went over to me and surprisingly kissed me.

I smiled and felt happy. I was glad that she didn't reject me..

A few weeks after, y/n and I started to date. We were all very happy and hung out together every single day. Y/n's friends also seemed happy about us being together. Mirio and Nejire was also proud of me.

"Maybe I am loved more than I think I am.." I thought.

The end.

Word Count: 589

(Sorry if the ending Chapter seems a bit short, this is my first fanfic that I have ever finished lol. I hope you enjoyed.)