Chapter 6 • Convince

Y/n's POV

I was casually hanging out with Yaoyorozu and Mina at lunch like usual.

"Anyways, do ya guys want to have a sleepover in my dorm tonight since today is Friday?" Mina asked.

"Yeah, sure! I'll bring tea!" Said Yaoyorozu.

I replied, "Um, I'm not sure if I could make it to the sleepover tonight since I might—"

"Since ya might hang out with your boyfriend!" said Mina with a smirk on her face.

"Wait- since did y/n have a boyfriend? Who is it?!" Yaoyorozu asked in shock.

"I-I don't have one—" I stammered.

"Are you sure, y/n? Lately you've been hanging out with Tamaki a lot," said Mina. "you also blushed when you read that letter he gave you."

"That doesn't mean he's my boyfriend- all right?" I said.

"Wait- do you like him or not?" Yaoyorozu asked.

"I don't know.." I sighed.

"That doesn't count as a 'no'!" said Mina.

"Whatever, and even I did have a crush on him he'd probably not like me back.." I said.

"I don't think that's true.. you do know that you're probably the first person for him to get used to the easiest, right..?" Yaoyorozu pointed out.

After she pointed that out, I suddenly realized that she was actually right.

"Well, you aren't wrong at least.." I said. "but I think we'll just stick as friends."

"Oh, ok. That's fine," Yaoyorozu replied with a smile. "Anyways, we should get to class, let's go girls!"

We all went to class, after it was done, school was finally over. I didn't get rest like usual, but I guess it was to be expected.

Instead of me resting, I decided to figure out new ways to work with my quirk, until suddenly I got a text message from Nejire.

Nejire's POV

Mirio, Tamaki and I were hanging out in my room while we were planning Tamaki's picnic date.

"Ok, but before we plan out this picnic date with you and y/n, I'll ask her if she's available tomorrow," I said.

"Good idea!" said Mirio.

"Guys.. are we seriously doing this..?" Tamaki asked. You know this is really necessary..."

Tamaki's eyes were glued onto the floor, and his face was like a blushing mess.

"What do you mean? Of course it's necessary! This is a big opportunity for you!" Mirio said happily.

While they were talking, I texted y/n.

Nejire: "Hi y/n! Quick question, are you available for tomorrow?"

Y/n: "Yeah, I am. Why?"

Nejire: "Well, Tamaki said that he'd like to hang out with ya in the park tomorrow night!"

Y/n: "Oh ok, but why only Tamaki?"

Nejire:  "Oh, um, Mirio and I will be busy tomorrow."

Y/n: "Oh, ok then. I can hang out with Tamaki I suppose."

Nejire: "Ok, great! Anyways, I'll see ya! Bye!"

I set my phone my phone down after I was done texting y/n.

"She said yes!" I said a bit too loud.

"Wait- she said yes to the date—?" Tamaki asked in a flustered way.

"Oh, umm, I didn't exactly tell her it was a date.." I said.

"Oh, ok.. good. I don't want her to know that I have a crush on her.. I'd be to embarrassed.." Tamaki said.

"All right! Since y/n agreed to the picnic, Nejire and I will set it up in the park for you two so that you guys can have a great date!" Mirio said.

I can tell that Mirio wanted Tamaki to have the perfect date with y/n tomorrow, and so did I.

Tamaki's POV

I left Nejire's place after we all got tired. I went back to my own room and laid on my bed. I was glad that Nejire texted y/n and asked her to the picnic, I don't even know the first step in asking a girl out on a date.

I was blushing, I buried my face into my pillow and felt flustered. I felt butterflies in my stomach.

I kept trying to convince myself that I shouldn't be nervous.. but it didn't work at all. I gave up on trying to convince myself and decided to just go to sleep.

Y/n's POV

I sadly didn't get to hang out with The Big Three, but at least I know that I'll be hanging out with Tamaki tomorrow. I still don't know why Nejire and Mirio would be busy on a Saturday, though.

I decided to go to Mina's sleepover. I arrived to her dorm and knocked on her door.

"Oh, hey y/n! You made it!" she said happily. She hugged me and welcomed me into her dorm room.

Yaoyorozu, Tsu, Mina, and Uraraka were in her room when I walked in. Apparently everyone was already there except me.

We all watched fun movies and ate snacks. We told jokes and bursted out laughing afterwards. We all had fun like always.

When the clock struck midnight, everybody fell asleep. I was really tired, but I somehow still couldn't go to sleep.

When I was a child, I'd always have nightmares and have trouble sleeping which was why I never got enough rest.

After a few minutes passed, I finally fell asleep. We all had a great sleepover with Mina.

End of Chapter 6

Word Count: 887