Chapter Eight

Sunlight breaks through the trees, causing patterns of light to glimmer on the ground below me.

I stare at them, as if some sort of pattern can help me organize the thoughts rampaging through my mind.

I rest my back on the trunk of the tree, my legs dangling from branch I lie on.
I look up, focusing on the light blue sky that'd just awoken with the rising of the afternoon sun.
My mind goes back to breakfast.

For some strange reason, Snow and Charming have never worried much about my powers. They've never tried to hide their thoughts, or consider what they think when I'm in the room. That was wonderfully showcased today. I'd heard what Snow thought. The name that'd Charming had so desperately tried to push away.

Rumpelstiltskin.

Snow thought it just as reluctantly as she was about to say it.
Charming has a past with him. What exactly I'm not sure. Both of them seemed weary, if not frightened.
Their thoughts made my stomach churn. My parents hadn't been afraid of Regina, how powerful could this man be to be able to cause fear within them?

"Arabella?" I voice calls from below, Anastasia.

"Yah?" I yell back, looking down at her.

"Can I talk to you about breakfast?" She asks, beginning to climb up the tree.

I move over to make room for her and she sits.
"Before I begin I just wanted to let you know Sylvia and Hook told Mom and dad as soon as you left."

I force myself to stifle a laugh, "And...?"

A smile appears on her face. "It actually went really well, Mom was really happy that'd she be getting a grandchild. Except um Dad chased Hook around the castle. That's why I was so late getting here."
We both laugh.

"So what'd you want to talk to me about?" I ask.

"Do you know who Mom was going to say before Dad cut her off? They both seemed scared..." Her voice trails off.

"Yah, his name's Rumpelstiltskin."

"Wait like from that one story? You know, the with the golden straw and stealing of the first born."

"Oh yahhh," I answer, "I forget that these fairytales exist. Hell if that one's real no wonder our parents are scared."

"Where would we find him though? And how could he help us?" She asks.

"Well, if he's powerful, he must know how to find the origin of magic. We find the origin, we find answers," I say, watching a leaf fall from a tree.

"If we can find the him that is" She mutters.

"We'll just ask Mom. She'll be more willing to help us than Dad. She almost told us who he was today," I suggest.

"Let's go, she's probably reading in the library," Ana says as she begins to descend from our spot. I follow behind and soon we are back on the ground walking toward the castle. Suddenly she stops, her eyes locked on a spot in the trees.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Something moved over there."

"It was probably just a deer or something," I roll my eyes.

"Sure, a deer with a face."

I look to see what she's talking about, yet the forest is untouched.

"Whatever it was it's gone now. Come on, Mom will leave for the market soon," I say continuing forward. She reluctantly follows, and we make our way through the bramble lined path, back to the castle.

// Heyyyyy just wanted to say thank you for reading ilysm :) Also if you're interested I started another fanfic, it's not ouat though sorry :/