Chapter Two

We arrive at our destination and Ana knocks on the door.

"I finally got sleeping beauty to arise from her slumber!" She calls.

"Aurora's here? What?!" Mama Snow yells and the door opens. "Oh it's just you," she laughs.

She walks back into the room and Ana and I follow.

"No Disney references remember?" I tease.

"Shut up," she responds.

A spare room In the castle has been changed to be the perfect place for the bridesmaids and bride to get ready.

Our three dresses are neatly placed on mannequins along one wall, and vanities lined by lights are scattered throughout.

At one sits Sylvia, a fairy carefully braiding her long blonde hair.

"I see you showed the fairies style from our world," I say walking up behind her. Her makeup had been done in perfect Earth style, and her hair was almost in the best French up do I'd ever seen.

The fairy and Sylvia both smile.

"I found out a way to make fashion magazines appear," Sylvia answers, "you better go get made up too, Sam and Ana are already started."

I look over to the wall adjacent from us. Lined along it are three vanities. Two already occupied, and three fairies busily flying about.

I start toward them and sit in one of the salon chairs, next to Sam.

A fairy with soft pink wings and an envy green dress appears behind me.

"I have to warn you I haven't brushed my teeth or showered and I'm exhausted with dark circles under my eyes," I say. It may have come out a little more rudely than in my head but hey this fairy needs to know what she's working with.

She smiles sweetly. "It's alright. Drink this."

She hands me a cup of what appears to be warm tea. It smells like lavender and a mix of other herbs I can't remember the name of.

I gently take a sip. It's the perfect temperature and tastes exactly as it smells, only better.

Instantly my hair and body gain a clean, renewed feeling, and my breath and teeth feel clean.

What is this stuff?

I take another sip and I feel the weight of sleep rise off of me, and the dark circle under my eyes disappear.

"What is this?" I ask.

"It's tea made from Renovare leaves," The fairy answers, beginning to brush out my hair.

"Why haven't I known about this?" I ask half laughing.

"It's fairly new," she answers.

"Actually it's fairy new," Ana interjects causing us all to laugh. After listening to her puns for so long I've begun to actually enjoy them.

The next hour or so is one of the most relaxing I've had in a while. I get to sit and have a makeover whilst chatting with my sisters. What more could a girl want?

Eventually the fairies finish our makeup and hair. As bridesmaids we look striking, but Sylvia looks beautiful. As it's supposed to be. After all the bride should be the star.

"Go change! I can't wait to see how the dresses look!" Sylv says motioning towards the changing stalls at the back of the room.

We walk over to retrieve our dresses and head toward them.

I walk into the first stall and admire the dress.

It's a long pastel blue gown with a fitted strapless top and silky, long skirt. I smile to myself, it was obviously crafted from Sylv's imagination. After all it's her favorite style of dress and her favorite color.

I quickly change and look at myself in the mirror. Honestly I didn't look half bad.

"If only he could see you like this," a voice echoes from within me.

I ignore it, slip on a pair of sparkly, silver toms and walk out of the dressing room back into the main area.
Ana and Sam both come out at the same time as me. They both look gorgeous.

"You three look stunning!" Sylvia says.

We laugh and spin around, only to discover our dresses don't spin as well as we'd thought.

Suddenly the door to the room opens and in walks Mama Snow.

"Oh my gorgeous daughters look at you!" She exclaims, tears welling up in her eyes. She had changed into a simple yet pretty midnight blue dress, embellished with light sparkles.

"Now it's your turn Sylv," Sam says.

She smiles and heads towards the changing rooms.

"Is your dress in there?" I ask.

She smiles one of the happiest smiles I've ever seen and shuts the door to the room directly at the end.
If our bridesmaid dresses are this perfect, I can only imagine what her dress will look like.

A few minutes later she opens the door and walks out.

Her dress is a perfect white ball gown style, with a corset top and careful, ornate lace work. It's stunning to be exact, and she looks absolutely amazing in it.

An awed silence passed through the room.

"Um so is this is a good speechless or a bad speechless?" She asks laughing.

The tears that had been forming in Snow's eyes were now flowing down her cheeks. "You look breathtaking," she says.

The fairies nimbly fly around adjusting our hair and making everything perfect.

"I'm going to get your father, it's almost time," Snow says and walks out.

"You know what I just realized?" Ana says, "we've never dressed this nice before."

"That's cause we've never had a reason to. The extraordinary comes when extraordinary is needed," I say.

"Is dressing up really extraordinary?" Sam asks laughing.

"It's not the clothes, it's the idea. The idea that we care about something so much our outsides can match the beauty on the inside," Ana responds.

Tears begin to form in Sylvia's eyes. "C'mon on you're going to make my makeup run," she says laughing.

"It feels like just yesterday you were loopy off of mermaid drugs on Hook's ship," Sam teases.

"Killian Jones," Sylvia says.

"What?" We ask in unison.

"Hook's real name. It's Killian," She calmly answers.

"Sylvia Jones. I like that," Sam says and we all smile.

The door cracks open and Mama Snow pokes her head in.

"It's time," She says with a sweet smile.