Chapter Three

A long long time ago
Peter's POV

"I have a question for you son," My father speaks to me. We are in our usual clearing in the woods for the lesson, though droplets of rain tell me it'll end soon.

"What?" I reply. Questions are a risky business with my father, rarely are they benign or simple. Typically they hold some higher purpose, some sort of theme or underlying guidance.

"What is magic?" He finishes, a smirk appearing on his face.

"Um I don't know for sure," I answer. The question freezes my mind. Recently I've actually started to understand magic, but understanding and knowing are two very different things.

"Magic is a force of nature, derived from the bounds of the realm itself," He creates a swirl of magic dust and flurries it about with his hand, "Few can possess it because- like the realm- it is seeded in DNA. Created by a single essence and spread throughout kin."

"Then how did you come across it?" I ask. He didn't have this power all his life, that I know. He obtained it some time between when he met my mother and when they wed.

An evil glint flashes in his eyes, and the ball of dust he'd been playing with falls to the ground. "Magic can be obtained not only through blood, but through the shed of it."

Coldness trickles down my spine. Surely he doesn't mean what I think he does. Regardless I am well aware of the fact my father has killed people, why should this bother me?

"Anyway son, I have another question. Are there any magic-less realms?"

My brain doesn't falter at this one. There's so many different realms there is sure to be a magic-less one.

"Yes," I say calmly.

He smiles, "Very good. However that answer itself poses another question; how can wizards like us keep magic even in said realm?"

"I'm not sure," I answer.

He steps closer to, staring me in the eyes. "If one can wield power so strong the bonds of an entire realm flow through only his blood, then surely this power could follow him."

I give a shrug. "I suppose that would work, but what could create a force strong enough?"

"There are two things," he starts, "True love and the creation of a new realm."

Modern Day Floristian
Arabella's POV

"Alright is everyone in order?" Eliana, our wedding planner/fairy, asks.

We are all in a line, placed two by two. We being all of my sister's wedding party.

At the head is William -a toddler from the village- as ringbearer. Next is Lucy- a young girl from the village- as flower girl. In her basket are violet rose petals, Sylv's favorite flower.

Following her is Sam, Ana, and I. I'm walking down with Drew, Ana is walking down with Graham, and Sam is walking down with Marcus.

"He would've been walking with you," The little voice whispers again. I force it down.

Last in line is Sylvia, arm in arm with both our parents. The wedding ritual is very similar to Earth's, however there are a few Floristian traditions. One being both parents accompanying the bride.

We are waiting in one of the sun porches of the castle. The windows are covered by blinds and the door in front of us takes us directly onto the aisle of the wedding.

The wedding set up is breath taking. It's a top one of the vivid green hills that surround the castle. A flower covered gazebo lies at the end of the white chair lined aisle. It truly is a wedding fit for royalty.

"Are you ready?" I hear Papa Charming ask Sylv.

"Yes," she replies, her voice unfaltering.

"Is everyone in place?" Mama Snow asks Eliana.

"Yes. Oh you should see, all of the villagers are lined up to watch. I've never seen anything like it!" She responds.

The smile on Sylvia's face grows even more. "Let's do this," she announces.

Eliana nods and cues the guards to open the doors. They do, and the afternoon sunlight fills the room. Beautiful music begins to play from the village orchestra, and William begins his decent, adorably teetering down the aisle.

Then Lucy goes, carefully sprinkling the petals throughout the soft white walkway, wearing a darling miniature version of our bridesmaids' dress.

Next Ana and Graham head out, then it's Drew and I's turn.

The second we walk out I feel hundreds, maybe thousands of eyes watching me. In the chairs are villagers that are close to my family, I recognize most the faces. Then, turning my head I see what appears to be the entire village at the bottom of the hill. An audience isn't a good word, "sea of people" is a much better description. It's the equivalent of England's royal wedding, but it's for my own sister, in a realm lost from the minds of outsiders.

I focus my attention back to the end of the aisle. Hook is standing there, dressed in the same sleek black suit worn by all the other men in the wedding. I can see tears forming in his eyes. After being a rummager and a raider for so long, it must be nice for him to settle. Sylvia really has changed him, despite our father's constant nagging.

Eventually we reach the end of the aisle and split, I go left and join Ana while Drew joins Graham. Sam and Marcus soon join us, then we wait for the main event.

Sylvia practically floats down the aisle. The sun perfectly bounces off the dress, making it look even more vibrant than before.
I see tears building up in her eyes, threatening to fall. The battle doesn't last long though, by the time she's halfway down, they're falling on her face. The same can be said for Ana, my mother, and Sam. I even see tears building in my father's eyes, though I can hardly tell through the ones forming in my own.

When Sylvia reaches the gazebo she is handed off, and the ceremony begins. One of the head fairies leads it, and it begins identical to the one on Earth.

William brings up the rings- almost throwing them down the hill in the process - and they are exchanged. Then the vows begin, starting with Sylvia.

She pulls out a piece of crumpled paper and unfolds it,

"These past years have been some of the most confusing of my life- okay the MOST confusing of my life. The people I never knew have become my family, and the places I didn't think could exist are the only ones I know. I used to think adventure was rock climbing or skydiving, but no. The life I live right now is adventure, and what I'm doing right now is a journey within that adventure. Back on Earth I searched for love, but what I found were cheap remnants of it. Yet who would've thought I'd find it on a ship in a Fairytale world with a character from a story I grew up with. For me, the most classic stories became places, the craziest characters became family, and the villain became my true love. With that, I stand here, ready to marry the world's Captain Hook, but my Killian Jones."

A series of aww's muffled with sniffles echoe throughout the atmosphere. I wipe a tear from my own cheek.

I focus my eyes upward, in an attempt to push more tears back. That's when I see something through the holes in the dome of the gazebo.

It's a large dark cloud filled with movement, and it's heading this way.